Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel credit card account

Options
  • 23-08-2018 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I've cleared my balance on my credit card, and want to close off the card, can you tell me how to do this please, looks like BOI have made this as awkward as possible, fair play to them.

FYI this article is incorrect, person in branch hadn't a clue how to do anything about closing the account. Just pointed me towards the phone in the branch, which I would assume wouldn't have the same crappy wait times as ringing outside of branch, but not the case!
    https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-accounts-personal-business-current-account/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi b34mer23,

Thank you for contacting us with your query. I'm very sorry that you were directed into the branch. There are two ways to cancel a credit card.

• [font=Arial","sans-serif]Call Customer Services on 0818 251 251 (+353 5677 57747)[/font]
    • [font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Arial","sans-serif]Send a Letter to  Bank of Ireland, Account Closures Team, 3rd Floor Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18[/font][/font]
    [*]

I hope this helps,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for that. Just spent 20 mins on hold on the phone line (after giving it 15 in the branch yesterday), it's a joke, not wasting anymore time or money on that (not your fault I know, but no doubt if I was trying to get a new card I'd have been speaking to someone double quick!).

Can you advise what I need to put in the letter I have to send please?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi b34mer23,

The letter will need to contain your credit card number, the instructions to close your account, a contact number and your signature.

I'm very sorry for the wait times you experienced. I hope this gets sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement