Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open letter to properties on a road we want to live on.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭LolaJJ

My parents live on a really nice road and have received close to a hundred of these letters over the years (as have their neighbours)

For them it makes the home feel more sought after and gives them more of a desire to hold on to it!

One thing I would say is that the letters I have seen have come from solicitors and estate agents on behalf of individuals. Never from the individual themselves.

I'd be cautious about that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Estate agents did something similar on my street a few years back. The letters were printed on mass but made to look like they were written with a Biro pen to get people to read them.

Any hand written notes through the door get binned now. Same may happen with you.

Still worth a shot though.. Nothing ventured and all that!

I get these in my letterbox at least once every six months. Do the estate agents think they're actually fooling anyone :confused:

Straight to the recycling bin with all the other spam trash.

I did buy my first house (in pre-digital-everything days) through placing a wanted ad in the Buy And Sell magazine specifying the areas I was interested in - a lady contacted me saying she was toying with the idea of selling a house she was renting out and the ad had nudged her into action, a deal was done and bingo, I had my first home.

So it is doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I doorstepped the guy who owned the field my house is now built on, I was contacted a month ago by a stranger about another property I own and which I had no intention of selling, we are now negotiating a fee. So go for it, it works.

Advertisement