Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a 2nd hand ps3, will I lose the previous owners games when I do a restore

Options
  • 23-08-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I bought a 2nd hand ps3, when I started it up it had GTA V and a few other games installed and are playable. They were installed by the previous user. I want to restore my data from my old (now broken PS3) via a USB drive. Does that mean I would lose the GTA V game after restore. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

home1 wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a 2nd hand ps3, when I started it up it had GTA V and a few other games installed and are playable. They were installed by the previous user. I want to restore my data from my old (now broken PS3) via a USB drive. Does that mean I would lose the GTA V game after restore. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Yes,you will lose them as they are tied to the psn user account of the previous owner

• Registered Users Posts: 14 home1

Ah pity, okay thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 home1

Ha ha, guess what, I did the restore and that all went well, then I tried to put in my Red dead disc but couldn't cause there was a GTA V disc inside. Free game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You could have just logged in with your PSN account and gained access to all the games on the HD for free. Deleted the ones you didnt like and moved on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You could have just logged in with your PSN account and gained access to all the games on the HD for free. Deleted the ones you didnt like and moved on.

Really? I can't do that unless my son has set my PS4 as his primary, or I'm logged in as him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement