Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cois Na Mara, Dun Eimear, Maydenhayes

Options
  • 23-08-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

Currently looking at buying our first home in one of these three new developments.

I could only find a thread on here covering Maydenhayes and majority of the posts are from the original 1st phase back in 2015.

Just wondering, does anyone have any insight/experiences they could provide to help us in our choice.

Any issues, pros or cons, etc.

Our concern on Cois Na Mara is the old online mentions of it being built on a flood plain. We havent seen any issues mentioned since 15/16 though. Does anyone know whether this has been improved/ fixed?

All help welcome! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Looked at these awhile back and nearly bought one, the drawback was how quiet it was, the road it's on dosent have much, just a Church and pub. Not much of a village and scarce amenities in the locality either besides the beach of course but it ain't walking distance either..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marmit3

RVM89 wrote: »

Our concern on Cois Na Mara is the old online mentions of it being built on a flood plain. We havent seen any issues mentioned since 15/16 though. Does anyone know whether this has been improved/ fixed?

hi, sorry to dig this up, but we are considering buying a house if the next phase, Seoid Na Trá I think it's called, and are concerned about the old reports of flooding as well. Have you bought a house in Cois na Mara in the end?
    we couldn't find anything recent about flooding, and from the information on the MCC website it seems the flood protection was put in place back in 2016.
    it would be great to hear first hand report from someone living there if this resolved the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Marmit3 wrote: »
    hi, sorry to dig this up, but we are considering buying a house if the next phase, Seoid Na Trá I think it's called, and are concerned about the old reports of flooding as well. Have you bought a house in Cois na Mara in the end?
    we couldn't find anything recent about flooding, and from the information on the MCC website it seems the flood protection was put in place back in 2016.
    it would be great to hear first hand report from someone living there if this resolved the issues.

Would an insurance company not be able to validate your concerns if you rang them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marmit3

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Would an insurance company not be able to validate your concerns if you rang them?

that's a good idea. I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

In my opinion there is better value in some 2nd hand homes in the area

• Advertisement
Advertisement