Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirm Cancellation of Service

Options
  • 23-08-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I decided to change broadband service provider.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I arranged an installation date for new service. Was informed by new provider that I had to cancel existing service with Eir myself.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I completed Eir's Online Switcher Request Form during the last week of June, with new service due on 11th July.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No response received from Eir to online form submission.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]New service was installed on 11th July 2018, and is working grand.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Eir sent me a bill at end of July as expected - no complaint here as I needed to give Eir 30 days notice.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]End of August, Eir send me a bill for rental period 3rd August to 2nd September 2018.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I contacted Eir today, 23rd August 2018, via the chat service, I was told the Eir broadband service is still active, and I have to ring 1901 to sort it out.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Rang 1901, and explained the situation. I was told the new provider should have completed the switch and reused the existing UAN, rather than using a new one.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I had followed all the instructions set out on Eir’s “Switching or Changing Service Provider” web page.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]They refused to accept that I had completed the Online Form in June, and as I had not followed the "procedure" I would have to pay for services to date i.e. until date of cancellation (30 days from now). They "kindly" accepted my call as a cancellation request that would take 30 days to take effect. I specifically asked for the service agent to say that they accepted that I had filled out the online form last June, but they refused to do so.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am not prepared to wait a month to find out that the service has not in fact been cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am not prepared to pay for a service that was cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am not prepared to wait 48 hours to see if I receive an acknowledgement of my email complaint.[/font]

Can someone intervene and sort this mess out before it stretches on and on?
    Thanks.

Philip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Philip,

I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we do not have the authorisation or access to submit cancellations from here however if you would like to send on your account details in PM, I can take a look and update you on the current status.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement