Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading Off on First Family Holiday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for all the feedback so far folks. We'll be taking the buggy and car seat which is great. We're heading to Poland where we have an apartment so we'll either buy a travel cot there or have the family get a cot ahead of our arrival. At this time of the year while it's pleasant there should be no need for a UV suit.

I got travel insurance the other day so now the main thing really is just to figure out what luggage we can take with us and then what to pack for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Here, have my packing list for holidays with the kids:
    Docs:
    Boarding passes
    driving licenses
    passports
    accomadation info
    car rental voucher
    addresses of locations

For on flight
    Kids Magazines or books
    tablet
    phones
    chargers
    snacks and drinks

Kids gear
    Medication
    Sunsblock
    plastic bag for dirty stuff
    shampoo / toiletries
    hair brushes

Sun stuff
    backpack
    beach towels
    sunglasses
    goggles
    sun hats
    buckets & spades
    swimwear

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

So the travelling with baby part of holiday was OK. Dropped off carseat in bag no problem (could have stuck loads more in bag). Had baby in sling but kept maclaren stroller with us to gate so we could pick up at gate on far side, felt there'd be less chance of damage.
    Fed before and during takeoff and he didn't seem to notice plane taking off at all. Not a bother on him during the flight.
    Didn't need to change baby during flight thankfully.
    Picked up car, fumbled about a little with the seat belt method of car seat then we were on our way. We were in a hotel the first two nights, then in apartment. There was a misunderstanding about travel cot in apartment. I guess we could have gone and bought one, but we've been improvising with a door.
    Unfortunately though our holiday is turning out to be complicated for non baby issues since my husband fractured his femur in a cycling accident...

Got back roughly a week ago and it was great. Stressful heading off a little on the outward journey but it was grand overall. We took a 2 part buggy and her car seat, so for that I got a car seat bag from Amazon which was brilliant.
    She was well behaved on the plane and we had bought her her own seat, which she really seemed to enjoy as she was inbetween the two of us.

Many thanks for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Flappidyflap

Hi,
    I fly a good bit with my little one.
    Do you mind me asking who you flew with with regards buying own seat for a child under 2. Did you pay full price or what type of fare was it?
    Thank you

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I fly a good bit with my little one.
    Do you mind me asking who you flew with with regards buying own seat for a child under 2. Did you pay full price or what type of fare was it?
    Thank you

We went with Ryanair and just bought a seat as normal. No discount but we didn't mind as the fares were cheap enough.

Advertisement