Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 3rd striker spot

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

razorblunt wrote: »
    He scored ~140 points in the season he was last fully fit (for Burnley), if he got anywhere close to that at 5.5m its an absolute bargain.

I'm not denying the potential. However, that was his only successful fpl season. And he's suffered some very serious injuries. I totally understand people taking the chance at 5.5, but I'm happy to hold back and see. If he proves must have then I'll be happy to pay 6m. For now I have Mitro and Arnie for a bit more but I feel confident with them, likewise Zaha would be ahead of Ings in my mind currently and I can easily change to him. And of course any of them can be easily changed to Ings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What I'm looking at is ings, Jimenez and Fraser as my 3 rotating attacking players and picking 2 each week. So switching between 343 and 352.This all depends on what happens with auba this week though.

Auba going on a mad one will change everything.

Having Kun, Auba, Salah, Mane and maybe Kane to try and fit in is impossible. you're just going to have to grin and bear players you don't have getting big hauls and you being able to do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

SlickRic wrote: »
    I am currently 3-5-2 with Kamara as my 3rd striker, and it's tricky.

you've to balance the fact that there's so much value in the mids compared to the forwards, with the fact that budget-wise, 3 strikers actually makes more sense.

the other problem is that there are no strikers to really speak of in the 7.5-9.0 range. So you've Auba and Aguero as obvious strikers, then Firmino at 9.5, then not a lot else, then a ton at 5.5-6.5 that aren't absolutely obvious inclusions, and nobody reliable in the 5.0 and under range.

352 IMO is the probably the best formation, but 343 works with the budget better. you've to sacrifice one of them IMO.

I think this is fine for the moment. Kamara was a smart choice to start with as it enabled the 5 in midfield which I'm sure has served you well.

I also went super cheap on my bench to start and knew one or two of them might end up never making an appearance in my XI.

But on your first WC you're probably going to have to reconsider, as not having starting bench players can be very tricky to manage. Can end in only fielding 10 players or repeated 4 point hits to get players out on the pitch. That's when the dilemma of playing 3-5-2 week in week out kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I started the season with 1 premium (Aguero) and 2 mid range (Zaha and Arnautovic). On a wildcard but not seeing why I would change my thinking. I can see the advantages of Ings but I don't rate Southampton. From a personal point of view as a Liverpool supporter I hope Ings does well cos he has been very unlucky with injuries.

I like Arnautovic as a player and I want to see how Zaha does over the next while. Regarding Arsenal, if I do put anyone in it will probably be Mkhitarayan for no other reason that it's Arsenal cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I have Aguero Zaha and Mitrovic at the moment and am loath to change.

Would like to get Aubameyang, but unless the game changes and let's me slot him into midfield then he stays out for the moment :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Went for 2 premium and a cheap 3rd in the end. PEA & Ings joined Aguero. Another fail for my 3rd striker :pac:... But I'll give him time... I'll give him time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero, Firmino, Arnie
    Fairly happy with the 3 of them at the minute. A lot of people are shedding Firmino but he got an assist last night and Liverpool haven’t played well in the last two games. After the international break, I could see them clicking when everyone is back to full fitness and some big scores coming.

Arnie has scored two in three games for a West Ham team that are playing poorly. I don’t rate Pellegrini very much as a manager (he’s dreadful at setting up teams defensively IMO) so whether their form will change I don’t know but once Arnie keeps up his end of the bargain I’m happy.

Agustin is Aguero once he keeps starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Any reason there's no one with Lukaku? I'm Wildcarding this week and right now I'm thinking him, Aguero, Jimenez.

Lukaku is nailed on, guarantees 20 goals a season and has already scored this season. Seems strange no one is having him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any reason there's no one with Lukaku? I'm Wildcarding this week and right now I'm thinking him, Aguero, Jimenez.

Lukaku is nailed on, guarantees 20 goals a season and has already scored this season. Seems strange no one is having him?

Jose. Utd. Cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

KevIRL wrote: »
    Jose. Utd. Cost.

They were all factors last season though and he returned 162 points. Might be a nice differential though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lukaku could be great in theory.

But until I see signs that Utd are clicking in attack, I just can't.

Advertisement