Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior - US Pace - Cinemax (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I knew they would never be able to finish it so many stories on going there is a couple of more seasons to be made from this. :(

Going to miss Cinemax fight scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finished! Second season built well on the first. Harsh that it's over. The makers obviously had a shed ton more story to get through.

2.10: DAMMMMNNNN! That
    fight with Leary was brutal! Felt like when Leary broke his hand it was over. Damn though when he made a fist with it and tried anyway. Ouch! At the very start I thought it was just Ah Sahm just giving up because of Mai Ling giving away about him being the brother.
    That bit when Mai Ling did it and then the contrast with the face on Hong eating the dumplings was hilarious!

I guess Father Jun's goodbye is the closest the show will get.
    That was a well done scene too.

Future
    I wonder what the future is then. Banshee and Warrior had Jonathan Tropper as their executive producer and he wrote/co-wrote a bunch of their episodes and first episodes. I'm guessing it was him driving it along:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Tropper
    His wiki says
    In 2020, Tropper took over as showrunner and executive producer of the Apple TV+ science fiction series See (2019–present), starring Jason Momoa, Alfre Woodard, and Dave Bautista
    Though the imdb doesn't list him so maybe his influence won't be there in season 1:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7949218/fullcredits/
    Maybe he'll get to make something new in Apple. Not sure they'd go for Banshee/Warrior level content, would they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shame there wasn't s better ending, although we at least saw Leary and Ah Sahm fight. Lots of story left untold though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And just in case there weren't enough open stories, they even include the stinger between the title card and the credits.

Great series overall that deserved more recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Surely, surely someone else will pick this up and give it another 2-3 seasons...it is an absolute belter of a show & would be a ratings winner for any network imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Another really strong season with clearly lots of story left to tell. Why on earth didn't this just continue this as a HBO Max show?
    Really going to miss all the characters. And as mentioned before, no one does fight scenes quite like Cinemax. Just wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Just finished season 2. Bruce Lee lives! (at least he does if it gets picked up for revival, which it darned well should).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I love it and watching the repeats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Just finished this and really enjoyed it. Shame if another crowd don't pick it up but shooting in South Africa isn't going to be easy at the moment.

They seemed to have a good set up for season 3 as well.

Great news HBO Max have taken it on and renewed it for a 3rd season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Is it bad that I'm glad they didn't get new roles after cancellation so they're all free for this?
    Like I know I shouldn't hope for people to stay unemployed, but now they're all available to work on a season 3.

Seriously though, I thought at least 1 or 2 of the cast would get a role in Kung Fu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it bad that I'm glad they didn't get new roles after cancellation so they're all free for this?
    Like I know I shouldn't hope for people to stay unemployed, but now they're all available to work on a season 3.

Seriously though, I thought at least 1 or 2 of the cast would get a role in Kung Fu.

Jesus...I watched most of the pilot of Kung Fu....it is absolute garbage, no redeeming qualities at all I thought

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very pleasantly surprised with this news. With Cinemax no longer doing original programming, I had assumed this was toast.

Its not often I get so invested in a TV show but Im absolutely delighted that this has been renewed. Cant honestly recall the last time a renewal got me so fired up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Great news HBO Max have taken it on and renewed it for a 3rd season.

That is great news. The first 2 series got better as they went along, so this season could become must-see tv. Great fight sequences backed up by decent storylines:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And just in case there weren't enough open stories, they even include the stinger between the title card and the credits.

Indeed: Yabadabbah. Multiple smackdowns and the promise of an ultimate smackdown.

Oh cool! I totally missed the season 3 renewal posts! Great news! 🙂😁

Season 3 starts on June 29th

Teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

So excited for this to return, but I can't remember anything now from the first two seasons, its been so long!

• Advertisement

Awe yis! It's just like.. they just know how to make a trailer to cater to the Warrior audience.

Still probably a bit of mystery left for the series itself for some higher level of intense rivalry feeling and maybe exploring outside a bit again.

Must find a recap.

Did they say if this is the final season, since they were brought back from cancellation?

Can't say I've seen/heard either way. Could be they are living season to season based on audience/viewership.

Returns tonight in the States.

Really good opening 3 episodes and it hasn’t missed a beat in the two and half’s since season 2.

Was worried for the young girl as seemed she would be killed at the end, but luckily it didn't happen. Guessing revenge will be on the agenda.

3.1: Opening with an Axe fight! I'll take it! Though all those body parts! 😱

That one scene with Li Yong being filmed through the water, that was kinda cool. Got me thinking of Bruce Lee.

So... Chinatown is being squeezed. The two factions look like they'll be going Expansion out and Central Bank of

3.2: Felt like it focused on Leary and Lee..

well apart from pushing along the main stories of the long zii moving out and the hop wei printing money.

leary enforcing his power with the young lads

and lee being setup for the $500 reward

Have started noticing Penelope being missing

• Advertisement

Of the storylines in the new season

The Mai Ling story was my least favourite, so happy that got more interesting. I was expecting something to happen, like being scammed out of the money.

Advertisement