Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan bacon - what they like to work for

• 23-08-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Seeing them advertising for staff frequently. I’m not in the best of health but trying to get back to work and not having much success. A few people have warned me off applying to Callan bacon but not heard from anyone who actually worked there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Seeing them advertising for staff frequently. I’m not in the best of health but trying to get back to work and not having much success. A few people have warned me off applying to Callan bacon but not heard from anyone who actually worked there

Hi I actually work with a guy who left there to work where I work and he tells me to avoid it ,like yourself I have heard many stories about working there but best way to find out is work there yourself I rekon it's one of them jobs ( on your feet alot) that is not for everyone . hope your health improves soon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

It would be worse than working on a building site hard graft, I would keep well away from it why do you think they are always looking for lads in these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Hi,

I worked there for three months. I would avoid it if its long term. Its hard going and its minimum wage so you'd find much easier jobs that pay minimum wage. Maybe if it was 12-15 euro per hour or something it might be worth doing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Whiplashy wrote: »

Mainly foreign nationals (unless you get into the office)
    Low pay hence the foreign nationals
    Just another Irish business that sold out the locals for cheap foreign labour. Not blaming the foreigners either as they are being taken advantage of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Just another Irish business that sold out the locals for cheap foreign labour. Not blaming the foreigners either as they are being taken advantage of.

I doubt you’d get many Irish willing to work in a meat factory for low wages these days. Same everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Help!!!! wrote: »

It's worth it for the cheap rashers from Aldi and Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

road_high wrote: »
    I doubt you’d get many Irish willing to work in a meat factory for low wages these days. Same everywhere

Yeah but the wages are kept low because of the foreign nationals.

Advertisement