Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad music in Sligo

Options
  • 23-08-2018 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi!I have American visitors coming next weekend (31st - 2nd). I'm not much of a trad conoisseur so I don't know what pub do sessions on those dates? Could be in town or just outside it.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hi!I have American visitors coming next weekend (31st - 2nd). I'm not much of a trad conoisseur so I don't know what pub do sessions on those dates? Could be in town or just outside it.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Check out John The Map again nearer the date.

Music in Sligo for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Seamie O Dowd often does a trad set on fiddle With Rick Epping, Brian McDonagh(Dervish) and others. Always a good session. i think it's Sunday nights. I'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

sligojoek wrote: »
    Seamie O Dowd often does a trad set on fiddle With Rick Epping, Brian McDonagh(Dervish) and others. Always a good session. i think it's Sunday nights. I'll find out.

Thanks!

Sorry, I should have mentioned it's in Connollys across the river from ther Glasshouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have mentioned it's in Connollys across the river from ther Glasshouse.

It's Sunday evenings in Connolly's, yeah. Officially its Rik, Brian and Leonard Barry on pipes, but there'd often be a big crowd there along for the session.

Seamie O'Dowd also does a fantastic gig in Connolly's on a Monday night with Kieran Quinn. Not quite trad but there'd be elements of it in there, amongst many other styles.

• Advertisement

You're right. I got the two nights mixed up. I'm rarely in town at night time. Saw Seamie playing fiddle with them one night months ago. He's something else.

OP keep an eye on the John the map link above. He updates it all the time. You might see something some other time that you didn't know was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I think Connolly's sounds like a go-er!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Look up sligo musicians. Com the week they attive. It will tell u all need to know. Trad sessions on in mcgarrigles shoots connollysearlys most nights. Great family session on Tuesday iin the snug. Early start and finish..

OP if you're still reading, the above mentioned Leonard Barry just started a session in Shoot the Crows an hour ago. There are 4 others with him. Was getting lively as I was leaving.

Advertisement