Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture Scam operating in North Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

35924509_1820844347980938_5990712215156555776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=469ee46cf904503f8edbb7620b5f21b5&oe=5C35813A

The van that is back around mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Anyone aware of a Furniture Scam that is operating in North Dublin ?

Two men who appeared to be travellers called up to an elderly relative of mine in a big trunk this afternoon.

They said they had a new leather sofa that they wanted to get rid of quickly for a very low price.
    They claimed they had sofas left over from "student accommodation" that they had to get rid of.

When my relative told them she was not interested in buying a sofa from them they got very aggressive and then started shouting at her.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else in Dublin has come across these characters.

That’s an old scam, extra stuff from hotel, hospital, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

You just tell these people your only renting the house. That's that then.

Advertisement