Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel around Dublin this Saturday evening

Options
  • 23-08-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Looking for opinions on how difficult it will be to get from chappleizod to drumcondra on Saturday evening around 5 o'clock. The Croke Park event might mess things up. Would a taxi make it or is there another way? Will have a toddler with me. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

murphym7 wrote: »
    Looking for opinions on how difficult it will be to get from chappleizod to drumcondra on Saturday evening around 5 o'clock. The Croke Park event might mess things up. Would a taxi make it or is there another way? Will have a toddler with me. Thanks.

Don’t bother!
    Large areas of the city closed. Roads in Cabra and finglas closed to accommodate bus, walk routes in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

kceire wrote: »
    Don’t bother!
    Large areas of the city closed. Roads in Cabra and finglas closed to accommodate bus, walk routes in everything.

Bus into town and train to Drumcondra (which will be mobbed) is your only option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The amount of misinformation out there is unreal.

This Saturday evening there will be NO roads closed. There are no roads closed for Croke Park. It will be busy in the area, but it will be like All Ireland final day.

Now, Sunday, that's when the road closures come in.

OP, drive if you want to, or use public transport, of which there will be a full service.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

kceire wrote: »
    Don’t bother!

This isn't true I'm afraid.
    All those closures are for Sunday during the Mass in the Park.

Despite what many think, the guards are not stupid, once he does his drive past, the roads will re-open.
    Similarly, once the SMcD and Church St events are over, the roads will re-open.

The major disruption will be the road closures in the Ballyfermot, Inchicore, Castleknock, Stoneybatter areas - all of which are as a result of the event in the Park - on the SUNDAY..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Lol

OK, believe what you want.

BTW, the M50 is not shut
    You do not need Garda ID to take public transport to work
    Most city centre shops are NOT shut on Saturday

...other assorted nutty rumours I spent the day trying to convince people were untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

OP : Things will be chaotic. There is a massive concert in Croke Park Saturday for the WMOF , Pope will be there. It s sold out so it will be like All Ireland. If I was you I would skip

Advertisement