Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainer road for structured training

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Whyner wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

I have a particular set of circumstances that may allow me under appeal to revert to A4.

If this is rejected then that's fine but it will likely mean considering if i will take out a race license at all.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    During beta testing, when I was having "poor" results* compared to the 20 minute test, they told me you should be rested. Or at least not going in fatigued. In the plans, it does always follow an easy/ recovery week.

*just ego. I couldn't complete all, particularly VO2 Max, using my 20 minute result. When I accepted the ramp test, I could...

Test done, bailed at step 15 but should have gotten 1 more in. As it was my first time trying this method of FTP I'm happy with the result.

My own ftp guesstimate, ramp test and a TP notification after a 20min hill climb Sunday were all within 3 watts of each other.

I started a block a few weeks back at a way over estimated ftp given these results, what a way to try kill yourself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Shoco83 wrote: »
    I find the Bluetooth connection to be more stable than the ant+ connection and would rarely have a power drop. Also when there's an interval the Bluetooth seems to hit the power target a lot quicker than the ant+

Think I have some free trials if anyone wants one

hi Shoco83 would you have any trials left ill take one?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

damo80 wrote: »
    hi Shoco83 would you have any trials left ill take one?

Send me your name and email in a pm and I'll send you one

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Hi Shoco83,

Long shot, but would you have any trials left ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Hi Shoco83,

Long shot, but would you have any trials left ?

Cheers
    I have one available - PM me your name and email.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I have one available - PM me your name and email.

Thanks Macy - PM sent

Performed a second ramp test yesterday with an increase of + 8 watts in 5 weeks but i had a 3kg weight loss in this time as well. My watts/kg has increased to 3.15/kg which is still a long way off where i need to be but it's progress and hopefully it continues through remaining winter months.

A reasonable and achieveable aim for me is 3.6 watts/kg which isn't good enough for A3 imo but who knows.

I will start the Sweet Spot base Low Volume 2 next week with a build towards a March A race.

All relatively new to me, but have bought a Turbo Trainer (Tacx Vortex) and have a few months off-season before a training plan for IM Barcelona starts up.

Am dedicating the winter to try improve my cycling, so will try the SweetSpot Base blocks followed by something from Build (depending on time remaining before IM plan kicks in).

It will be indoors for 2*Turbo midweek, and out on road for Sunday spin if weather permits.

Advertisement