Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail

Options
  • 23-08-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭

Hi, Concerned about the leak announced yesterday, I went into the EIR page to check if there was a message in that email box.

I had not set up the account, I didn't have any details or clues on what any of the details could be when I opted for the forgotten email address/password I was told to come back later as it couldn't be found. I had all the other account details.

Later on in the day, I contacted the help center, I explained the above situation, I was asked in response what the email address was, so I explained again the situation, what the situation was and was again asked what the address was. Trying not to fly off the handle I explained that I had inputted the account details and was told to come back later, the response from cs was to say he could not help me without the account email address.

This prompts me to ask what is happening with the leak will affected customers be notified by letter in the case of not having an Eir email?

Also, what is the point of having cs that don't know that there is a retrieval system if they don't have the webmail details and keep asking for an address they have already know customers don't have?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tow wrote: »
    I rarely use the cs on their site, but they guy last night was headed toward a window if he proved he wasn't listening to me yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Bredabe,

I'm sorry to hear that our customer service representataive was unable to assist you. Are you referring to the my eir login account? If so then you would need to regsiter for this if you have never signed in before. Affected customers have been notified via email and not via my eir. In relation to the data breach all information on this can be found in the link below.

https://www.eir.ie/customer-announcement/

Thanks

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Bredabe,

I'm sorry to hear that our customer service representataive was unable to assist you. Are you referring to the my eir login account? If so then you would need to regsiter for this if you have never signed in before. Affected customers have been notified via email and not via my eir. In relation to the data breach all information on this can be found in the link below.

https://www.eir.ie/customer-announcement/

Thanks

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, it's not just that he couldn't assist me, he didn't know what he was talking about and wasn't listening to what I was saying x3! As I said, I don't know if there was an eir account set up and this is why I went into the lost email address/lost password, when this kept telling me to come back later(without saying if there was or not an email) I went into the chat facility and had the above nightmare. I can't be sure that eir has the email, as its more likely opted in for letters/phone/text options. I have read all the publicity but it's not clear to me what the fallback is for accounts without email addresses?

I compleyely understand Breda and I will be sure to relay your feedback to the customer care department with regards to this.

In terms of your account there would be no fallback. Customers affected will be contacted via email or via phone.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

I compleyely understand Breda and I will be sure to relay your feedback to the customer care department with regards to this.

In terms of your account there would be no fallback. Customers affected will be contacted via email or via phone.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, Thanks for that, when you say phone, do you mean landline? and if so, how will be able to identify it as a genuine call from Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Bredabe wrote: »

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, Thanks for that, when you say phone, do you mean landline? and if so, how will be able to identify it as a genuine call from Eir?
    Hi Bredabe, 

You will only be contacted on the phone if you have no email on your account. This call will be made to the number associated with your account and the number may be restricted so I would have no way of giving you the number that would be calling you, I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Bredabe, 

You will only be contacted on the phone if you have no email on your account. This call will be made to the number associated with your account and the number may be restricted so I would have no way of giving you the number that would be calling you, I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, what I meant was, how will we distinguish a call from Eir from one from the scammers doing the rounds, will there be security questions or time/no of the last three calls type questions? If we were to receive a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Bredabe, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, what I meant was, how will we distinguish a call from Eir from one from the scammers doing the rounds, will there be security questions or time/no of the last three calls type questions? If we were to receive a call.
    We will be confirming data protection questions over the phone, we would follow the GDPR rules in place. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

So I've just found out Eir has set up another customer using  my bank account details. How does that happen?

• Advertisement

Hi newtothis2011,

Thanks so much for getting in touch. This is definitely something that we would need to investigate. Can you PM me with all the information that you have on this including eir account info etc and I will investigate immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement