Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch all peripherals between laptop and desktop

Options
  • 23-08-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I have a gaming machine set up with a monitor (HDMI), speaker (Audio jack) and a wired mouse and keyboard (USB).

I also have a work laptop (HP Elitebook) which I use at this desk when working from home.

The challenge I have is that I would like to be able to use my laptop with my monitor and peripherals, when working from home and I can't for the life of me figuring out a simple way of switching. For example, when I come home - plug my laptop into one source and it takes over my mouse/keyboard/speakers/monitor.

Anybody an advice? I reckon a hub of sorts that can simply connect into the USB C of my laptop or into my desktop somehow?

Comments

Advertisement