Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet speed good but pages not loading

Options
  • 23-08-2018 10:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says over the past few days I'm having serious difficulty getting webpages to load even though my internet speed hasn't diminished.
    I keep getting the "Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site." message.
    Or if a page loads, it doesn't fully load and the little dot in the tab flashes for some time afterwards as though it's struggling to complete the task.

If I can get YouTube to load I have no difficulty watching videos, Netflix is fine on the TV and apps on the smart phone seem okay.
    I'm using an Acer desktop (about a year old) with Windows 10, Firefox 61.0.2. Rural Wifi suggested we might need a new router but as we've still got good up and download speeds I'm wondering is it something else.

Any suggestions would be really gratefully accepted as it's driving me nuts and I just don't know enough about it to fix it myself.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Try Mozilla Support provided steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

have you tried a different browser?

Does this site open ok?

http://1.1.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Have you run a speedtest at http://speedtest.net/ ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure why but all seems to be back to normal thankfully.
    Despite not being much help perhaps the call to Rural Wifi eventually sorted it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HowardJDavis

Make cmd - ping 8.8.8.8 and give us screenshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesAlison

Have you clear cache & temp files. Sometimes net speed blocked by these files.

Advertisement