Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Automated Gate Damage

Options
  • 23-08-2018 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello readers,

Just wondering if anyone could give me advise about a situation I had today.

I was driving out an automated gate and it began to close prematurely and damaged my car.

This gate is always breaking down and clearly malfunctioned or has reset incorrectly.

Awaiting a response from the property managers and just looking if anyone had more in depth knowledge/ experience into how these matters are usually dealt with and the potential outcomes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They are insured for this type of events and, unless you were somehow at fault - which I doubt, they will cover all repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Unless you were using the gate inappropriately they should cover costs of repair. Its very likely they will have CCTV footage, most commercial properties with automated gates would normally cover the gate with CCTV

Advertisement