Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Stevo Timothy

• 24-08-2018 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Anyone see this lad on YouTube ? He’s very very funny. Think he had a serious enough motorbike accident a few years back. You can see the crutches on some clips. Good lad anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Out of all those guys who does those videos he's be my least favorite. Anytime I've come across him he's being loud and shouty but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Shouting isn't comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Met him and herself afew month back. I know the "comedy" might not be for everyone but gotta say they are both lovely and down to earth people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Met him and herself afew month back. I know the "comedy" might not be for everyone but gotta say they are both lovely and down to earth people.

I'm sure lots of these guys are sound and lovely.
    I think an issue they have is they feel sort of pressured into creating lots of videos due to fans and the quality sometimes slip.

Shouting isn't comedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yeah when I originally found him I liked his stuff. It does get a bit samey/shouty and I think he suffers a bit from quantity over quality. Having said that he seems a nice enough chap and wish him success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Rhea Old-fashioned Pointer

Out of all those guys who does those videos he's be my least favorite. Anytime I've come across him he's being loud and shouty but each to their own.

All Facebook ‘comedians’ seem to go th shouty route also beating the same joke is another trend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Saw both of them being interviewed and the came across as nice people but like most Irish '' comedians'' he's not in the least bit funny . shouting , calling someone a c..t and miss pronunciation of words does not automatically make you funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Don't find him funny at all. Just don't get the shouting. It's an immediate earsore for me.

I find Rories stories quite funny as I can relate to the stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah, he's defo one of the worst ones up there atm as he justs seems to rely on shouting for it to be a comedy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

It's an act, some of it is funny, others not funny at all. But like all comedy it's very subjective, you either like it or you don't.

He's a top bloke though. I have someone young very close to me who's been in a bad accident had major spinal injuries and struggling mentally not knowing what lies ahead. I messaged Stevo, explained the situation and asked if he'd pay him a visit in hospital to cheer him up being that he'd been through a bad accident himself. His reply was that he would be "absolutely honoured" and he stuck to his word and paid him a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Shouting isn't comedy

Tell that to Tommy Tiernan & his ‘fans’

Pure ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I wouldn't be a fan, personally I don't find he tickles my funny-bone. However there's another chap with the handle "walshunit" who dubs Peppa Pig cartoons with Limerick City voices - he absolutely cracks me up. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Tell that to Tommy Tiernan & his ‘fans’
    This, but unironically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Checked a few videos.

Humour is subjective.

That's all I have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I find his stuff very one note, everything delivered at the same shouty level and the material is just not that funny. The best I can say about him is hes not as annoying as that Twomey guy.

Advertisement