Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suncroft and Eascanrath Brook

Options
  • 24-08-2018 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I recently put a deposit down for a house in Eascanrath Brook. Before I sign contracts im just looking for information about the area. I am from wicklow so it would be great to see what people around the area think of it. I understand that its a small place and will have to drive to almost everything. What I would like to know is what the community is like and if there is much going on in the area for kids. I have a 20 month old daughter and having activities for her to do growing up is important to me.

I look forward for any information you can provide.

Thanks

Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

Hi There,
    Grew up in Suncroft, there is a community center now which does have some activities but on the whole very light in terms of things to do unless you go into Newbridge or Kildare for everything. School is tiny (under 10 junior infants class size every year).
    Community is nice for the most part but there are some elements of it that are painful (everyone wanting to know everyone's business type of thing)

Personally i am looking at buying and will be looking at Newbridge - for the price of Eascanrath vs what you get with Suncroft it wouldnt be my top choice but maybe my view is colored as i was there for too long :)

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific q's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Suncroft has certainly grown up over the years, but it's still a little out of the way.

If you are from a smallish community then you'll love it, but possibly you'll get as good a property in Kildare Town for the same money.

I'd pop down a couple of weekends, maybe have a drink in local pub, walk about the place and see if it suits you.

Advertisement