Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakes 10k and half marathon, 8/9/18, Blessington

Options
  • 24-08-2018 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

website

route
    this is the first year of the half marathon, I believe it's two laps of the 10k route (there's a gap between 10k start and finish lines)

Organisation is good, course is fair (though the worst of the hills is near the end, and fairly tough), and I've a score to settle after last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I love this race! Can't wait! Looking forward to my giant muffin at the finish line!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Super race.

A very fair course, particularly the opening 5km. Yes, the hill is a killer but you get it all back on perhaps one of the fastest finishes anywhere! The hill, while nothing mountainous, is simply about survival.

They have had rotten luck with weather over the past few years so this year (please God!) the weather will play ball.

Very good race so close to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Nice event as always, the route is tough but fair, and well-marshalled.
    Numbers seem to be down in the 10k, maybe some gone to the half?
    I think it loses out a bit by not having somewhere indoors to go afterwards, makes you want to just get your stuff and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yes a great race as always. The hill on the 2nd loop for those doing the half was tough enough but a well managed race as usual. The muffins are always a great addition.
    I think total numbers are up to pre 2015 levels which is a good thing.

Is there a Wicklow 10k road championship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

RayCun wrote: »
    Is there a Wicklow 10k road championship?

No Ray. Only a 5k and that's usually mid April. Would be challenging to find a fast 10k route n Wicklow unless multiple laps of the Murrough :)

Abhainn wrote: »
    No Ray. Only a 5k and that's usually mid April. Would be challenging to find a fast 10k route n Wicklow unless multiple laps of the Murrough :)

:)
    I meant as a way to encourage interest in this race. I think all you have to do is ask the county board if the race can be made the road championship. Tallaght have their 5k as the Dublin novice road championship, the Clontarf 10 mile is the Leinster championship, it brings a few glory-seekers out :)

Advertisement