Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR TV and Remote Access

Options
  • 24-08-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Can anyone that has EIR Broadband & TV advise if they have issues accessing remote locations, for CCTV and Remote work access. I ask as I believe you can't get a Fixed IP address if you order a Bundle with TV, if its a Dynamic IP but it changes very infrequently that wouldn't be a problem for me

Just like VM which doesn't have a Fixed IP, but it never seems to change, I have been using with no issue, but looking to change provider

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi stingray,

I'd recommend contacting our Tchnical support team directly on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 and they should be able to advise you further.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Thanks for your steer, but I can't get past the first hurdle on the number provided i.e. I'm not an EIR customer yet, so don't have an A/c number, and no other option given, so its on a constant loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Stingray wrote: »
    Thanks for your steer, but I can't get past the first hurdle on the number provided i.e. I'm not an EIR customer yet, so don't have an A/c number, and no other option given, so its on a constant loop
    Apologies for this. 

I'm afraid you are unable to have a fixed IP address with our television service, they won't work together. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement