Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order retry?

Options
  • 24-08-2018 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I've a standing order setup to pay rent. I didn't have the funds at 12 last night and so transferred in extra funds around 1am. I checked and the funds were there at 8am when I woke.

How do I know of there was insufficient funds?
    What time are boi standing orders processed?
    If there were insufficient funds will the order be retried at some stage today?

Many thanks,
    JP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi methodinsane,

Thank you for your message.
    The standing order may go out on the next working day which is Monday.
    To avoid the funds going out twice we suggest waiting until 9am on Monday before making the transfer manually.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 41 methodinsane

Hi methodinsane,

Thank you for your message.
    The standing order may go out on the next working day which is Monday.
    To avoid the funds going out twice we suggest waiting until 9am on Monday before making the transfer manually.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for the reply. So should I get a notification to say the transaction failed? I wouldn't have forgotten about the rent (just back holidays) except for the fact my calendar is setup with Bill reminders.

Cheers,
    JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi JP

If it does go unpaid, an unpaid fee of 12.70 will appear on your account the following day.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi JP

If it does go unpaid, an unpaid fee of 12.70 will appear on your account the following day.

Thanks,

Lorna

OK that's good to know. So is there a specific time that these get processed so I know for again? Is it possible for to still be processed today?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hi JP

Thanks,

Lorna

OK that's good to know. So is there a specific time that these get processed so I know for again? Is it possible for to still be processed today?

Thanks again.
    No specific time. It varies every night. It depends on when the IT system starts running for the new day. Standing order transactions try to pay first thing. If they fail, they try again that afternoon, and then if that fails, they try again first thing the following morning. This is the last chance. In essence, if you have a standing order due today, you'd want to have the money in by close of business today to meet the standing order attempt that will happen first thing the following morning (this could be anytime after midnight in reality). If you get hit with the unpaid charge of 12.70, it failed three attempts by that stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi JP

Thanks,

Lorna

Thanks again.
    Standing orders would usually processed early in the morning. For this reason we'd always ask you to have the funds available the by close of business the day before the standing order is due to be paid.

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

Standing orders would usually processed early in the morning. For this reason we'd always ask you to have the funds available the by close of business the day before the standing order is due to be paid.

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

Hi thanks guys,

All sorted. Came out Friday afternoon.

Cheers for the help.

Advertisement