Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU repeat

Options
  • 24-08-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In semester 1 of 1st year I failed a class test. The module was 5 credits and ran from September - November. It comprised of a 45 minute written class test and a test where you had to play and sing pieces on the piano for about 2 minutes. This was very hard as I had not played piano before this course and others were at grade 8 level. I took up lessons with a music school affiliated with my course just for this exam but was told by the teacher she would not help me as then I would have an unfair advantage on the other students. I was sickened to fail this exam but my father had just been diagnosed with cancer so I had other things to worry about. I passed all other exams in my course for both sem 1 and sem 2 and came to repeat the exam the other day. In the exam I completely freaked out knowing how much was at stake and blanked on everything. So much so that the examiner asked me if I had practiced for it. After passing everything else I do not want to have to stay back a year just to repeat this module that only runs for half the year. I worked hard to pass everything despite the goings on in my family and don’t know if there’s anything I can do to fix it. The exam was 100% CA so I didn’t have to pay to repeat the exam

Advertisement