Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the Non-Catholic thread

• 24-08-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

...so what are us protestants, muslims, jews, Jehovah witnesses, mormons atheists etc suppose to do this weekend when all you catholics are up in the phoenix park ???????

..is there any errands you'd like us to do while you're away?? do you want us to feed the cat? take the dog for a walk? cut the grass ????

its going to be very lonely without you around frown.png kinda feel out of the loop (might turn catholic for the weekend)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Just enjoy the peace and quiet. And endless rte coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Convert to the one true faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ah just ignore it all, that's what I have done.

I'm just going for my usual walk and picnic up the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’ve to go to a Christening :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,551 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ah a non-Catholic thread

Makes a nice change from the standard anti-Catholic threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Doom is now available for free on xbox games pass. So in honor of his holiness I shall spend the weekend battling demons and keeping this dimension safe from hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Just enjoy the peace and quiet. And endless rte coverage!

Endless coverage?

How many hours were devoted to the Rose of Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

nuac wrote: »
    Endless coverage?

True. They should have come up with a way to combine both events.

Endless coverage?

Ah sure look.A world famous figure is visiting Ireland. Leader of one of the worlds largest religions

There is enough interest in his visit that half a million people want to see him.

It's not as if you'd expect something like that to have a mention on the news is it?

I'd say Kim Kardashian might have gotten her tits out on Instagram or something. It's not fair if she gets pushed down the news items is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I'm at a loss. Think we are going to venture outside of the Pale tomorrow. Original plan was to go into town tomorrow but it's not worth the hassle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Grayson wrote: »
    Doom is now available for free on xbox games pass. So in honor of his holiness I shall spend the weekend battling demons and keeping this dimension safe from hell.

You'll have an unlikely ally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You'll have an unlikely ally

Fcuking hell. :D

It's amazing how perfect his rantings are for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Oh look ANOTHER anti Catholic thread.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ah a non-Catholic thread

No place for the edge-lords here, no sir. Now whats all this about a large upcoming cultural event?

Rte have no fault that every other station doesn't, they fill airtime with crap. I have no problem with actual coverage but the amount of pre event hype is a little wearying. Its like election coverage loads of inane speculation and bandwagoning. The event itself nearly drowned out. I would love to be a news editor! concise reporting and not a mention or sight of the kardashians!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Its a shame any of those religions are a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dunno, but it's over now. This is never gonna be over...:pac:

By the way, peeps, stay safe, coz you definitely don't want to end up in A&E this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Up the Dubs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh look, another poster complaining about anti Catholic threads......

Wow, this is fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's not anti Catholic, it's just not pro-Catholic. It's about the rest of life and the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Manchester Pride this weekend - having a few beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

frosty123 wrote: »
    ...so what are us protestants, muslims, jews, Jehovah witnesses, mormons atheists etc suppose to do this weekend when all you catholics are up in the phoenix park ???????

..is there any errands you'd like us to do while you're away?? do you want us to feed the cat? take the dog for a walk? cut the grass ????

its going to be very lonely without you around frown.png kinda feel out of the loop (might turn catholic for the weekend)
    Hi Frosty I'm not sure what the protestants, jews, Jehovah witnesses, mormons and atheists etc are going to do. The local mosque however posted a really nice statement welcoming the Pope and listing the shared beliefs of the two religions. Very heartwarming. Unfortunately I cannot be in the Phoenix Park but I shall be there in spirit. I was in Galway in 1979 and I shall never forget it.

I really like that you thread is non Catholic as opposed to anti Catholic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,145 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

News for ya: the vast majority of Catholics aren't going to either Phoenix Park or Knock.

They'll be in the pub / gym / supermarket just like they usually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fcuking hell. :D

It's amazing how perfect his rantings are for that.
    He could have been a great wrestler as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He could have been a great wrestler as well.

He could have teamed up with the Ultimate Warrior to save the world from "queering".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Tomorrow is the Sabbath, so I will be at temple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ah a non-Catholic thread

Maybe there wouldn't be so many anti-Catholic threads if the Catholic priests didn't rape kids, if the Catholic Church didn't protect rapists from the law, if the Catholic Church didn't ensure women (many of them rape victims) were locked up and enslaved and tortured for having a child outside of marriage, if the Catholic Church hadn't helped Nazi war criminals evade prosecution, if the Catholic Church hadn't invested in weapons manufacturers, if the Catholic Church hadn't invested in the production of birth control while preaching the opposite, if the Catholic Church hadn't intimidated politicans to betray the people and carry out their demands.

Shall I go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Us Limerick scangers will be raiding all the empty Catholic houses over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Maybe there wouldn't be so many anti-Catholic threads if the Catholic priests didn't rape kids, if the Catholic Church didn't protect rapists from the law, if the Catholic Church didn't ensure women (many of them rape victims) were locked up and enslaved and tortured for having a child outside of marriage, if the Catholic Church hadn't helped Nazi war criminals evade prosecution, if the Catholic Church hadn't invested in weapons manufacturers, if the Catholic Church hadn't invested in the production of birth control while preaching the opposite, if the Catholic Church hadn't intimidated politicans to betray the people and carry out their demands.

Shall I go on?

But apart from that what did they do wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

No pope here in this house. But I hope the Irish state enjoys the festival.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pastafarianism.

Pastafarianism.

Ah but if you have ever chain gun cha cha cha'ed a demon in doom or watch their skin peel off after being hit by a rocket then you will see true faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

And the good news is, some enterprising entrepreneur will ensure a shedload of ponchos are available for sale on the Sunday.

Anyway, just goes to show, neither the Pope nor God seems to be able to control the weather, and there I was thinking they could!

Still in fairness, I hope it is not a mudfest either. That would be awful for those attending. There might be an even smaller attendance now, what with lots of kms of a walk to get to the muddy field, and then mud, and then rain. And a three legged stool is all your'e allowed.

I think those who attend in such cirumstances should get a plenary indulgence, and one for everyone in their circle/family too.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Shall I go on?

Yes please do !!

And what I would like to know is how stop the Church from continuing to do it ? The current authorities in the Irish state have not arrested a single Irish Bishop for questioning, nor issued a single warrant to search their premises, offices and files, nor sent a single file to the DPP, nor put a single on of them on trial for perverting the course of Justice.

The CURRENT Irish state authorities ARE the ones responsible for dealing with these criminal Irish Bishops and administering justice for the victims, WHEN are they going to do it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you want nostalgia - you can now get Windows 95 for Mac, Win and Linux
    https://github.com/felixrieseberg/windows95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

aLihffK.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Probably just gorge on Damson jam, attend a fete or two & mispronounce the word scone.

Standard Proddy weekend so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Have a guilt free ****

Shall I go on?

Sure. Knock yourself out

Don't forget they invented Aids as well to "kill the gays"

• Advertisement

Have a guilt free ****

Ah now,

Splash out* and have a guilty one instead

You can't bate** a guilty ****

*pun intended
    **Another (sh1te) pun intended

Have a guilt free ****

didn't think the pope and dudes in clerical garb was good material for that, but whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

We're painting the kitchen.

Mrs Mellie is Lutheran and I'm Presbyterian, so there's no joy - white everywhere, decorated with a thistle in a plain vase.

Catholics have more fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

didn't think the pope and dudes in clerical garb was good material for that, but whatever floats your boat.

Hence the guilt free part

Shall I go on?

Of course, aside from extensive prosecutions of leaders of the Roman Church and its collaborators in the Irish state (who have successfully scapegoated the RCC for all of the RCC crimes which the Irish state and many of its employees in the medical, legal and policing sections of society in reality condoned, financed and/or profited from), the Irish state, its electorate and its elected representatives could have the integrity to buy out the Roman Catholic Church (and the other churches) from their ownership of the vast majority of schools and hospitals in Ireland. There would be honour in that. However, all we have had so far are rants against the Roman Church while putting out the begging bowl to that same church to use their private property that is the vast majority of schools and hospitals in this state.

For as long as the above sections of Irish society refuse to put their money where their mouth is and remove the Roman Church from its control of schools and hospitals, there's a very strong scent of "We'll have our cake and eat it" from many of the people opposing that Church.

Hence the guilt free part

you should hook up with roger and his missus above, and help them paint their kitchen white at the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

However, all we have had so far are rants against the Roman Church while putting out the begging bowl to that same church to use their private property that is the vast majority of schools and hospitals in this state.

Good point. I said the same after the abortion referendum. All the hypocritical people using the Churches property for weddings, funerals etc. Stop having anything to do with the Church if you don't like them. It's not difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Stanford wrote: »
    Us Limerick skangers will be raiding all the empty Catholic houses over the weekend

and blaming it on the protestants i suppose? :P

Advertisement