Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re. number showing continuously on itemised bill

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I do not use my landline much but my itemised bill is showing a Dublin number being constantly rang from my landline.   Loads of times, even at times when there is no one in the house.  Each call only lasts a few seconds.   I rang the number, it rings then disconnects.   How can I find out who this number belongs to and why it is showing on my landline account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cableskeptic

Could be an automated call from an alarm system or a Sky box ringing back to base

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Could be an automated call from an alarm system or a Sky box ringing back to base
    Thanks for the response.  That makes sense. 

Yes had the same issue with my dad recently he could not understand a daily call at about 4am every morning and on investigation it turned out to be his alarm system ringing base to say everything ok. If you have an alarm system you could ring your provider to find out if they own the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

gypsylee wrote: »
    I do not use my landline much but my itemised bill is showing a Dublin number being constantly rang from my landline.   Loads of times, even at times when there is no one in the house.  Each call only lasts a few seconds.   I rang the number, it rings then disconnects.   How can I find out who this number belongs to and why it is showing on my landline account?

Thanks.
    Hi gypsylee, 

This would more than likely be for a monitored alarm, they ring the landline number to monitor it.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks.
    Hi gypsylee, 

This would more than likely be for a monitored alarm, they ring the landline number to monitor it.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for your reply Tracey.   I contacted my alarm provider and the number is not one of theirs.   The number is showing as being dialled loads of times, night and day over the last few months, not just as a random monitoring every so often.   I have not checked previous bills to see just how long it is going on.  

• Advertisement

Do you have any other system like an old Sky box that could be connected to the telephone line?

Thanks.
    Hi gypsylee, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for your reply Tracey.   I contacted my alarm provider and the number is not one of theirs.   The number is showing as being dialled loads of times, night and day over the last few months, not just as a random monitoring every so often.   I have not checked previous bills to see just how long it is going on.  
    Ok no problem. Have you tried contacting the number? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Did you Google the number?

I have googled the number but nothing showed up.   I rang the number.    It rings a couple of times then disconnects.

My Sky box is connected to the phone line so will try them next.   If I ever manage to get through to them on the phone!  Just seems strange that there would be so many calls.

I have googled the number but nothing showed up.   I rang the number.    It rings a couple of times then disconnects.

My Sky box is connected to the phone line so will try them next.   If I ever manage to get through to them on the phone!  Just seems strange that there would be so many calls.
    No problem. 

If Sky advises it's not them feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Just disconnect the Sky box for a few days and see if the calls stop (that is what I would do). I don't think you need the telephone connectivity for Sky to work unless you are ordering movies

Advertisement