Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fliht refund due to pregnancy

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Myself and my partner booked expensive return flights to South America for early next year. Shortly afterwards we discovered that she is pregnant with delivery expected around the time of our return flight. Our GP and midwife are telling us not to take the flight under any circumstances (we obviously weren't going to anyway).
    Unfortunately we booked with a low-cost online travel agency and didn't get travel insurance (pretty dumb in hindsight).

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience? Any chance of us getting a refund? Maybe with a letter from GP/hospital?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Check the small print you might be lucky but ultimately it's a personal choice to get pregnant..

I'd cut your losses and flog the flights on Done Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you aren't owed any refund unfortunately.

Trying to sell is your only real option, you'll lose money anyway, might aswell try and get something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Thanks for the replies. The travel agency (travelgenio) don't allow for change of passenger names on their tickets under any circumstances so I probably don't have the option of selling them on. Lesson learnt - get travel insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

would travel insurance actually cover this scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Would changing dates be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

fangler wrote: »
    Lesson learnt - get travel insurance

Or "plan" better :)

But it will be a good story for his/her 21st.

Advertisement