Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Been testing 1.1.1.1 for DNS for a few months now on several different systems. This is Cloudflares public DNS server and they claim to be now the fastest which I'd agree with based on my testing.

Worth checking out as a an alternative to 8.8.8.8 or OpenDNS.

https://1.1.1.1/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Yes it is very good. I was at my parents house recently they are with Virgin Media and experiencing a lot of problems with the internet Google accounts not being able to sign in random other strange issues. I changed the DNS and has been perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I've been using it successfully for a couple of months.

I did have a few occasions where I had DNS failure ..... but not sure if 1.1.1.1 was the problem or something else.
    I never saw a DNS problem previously when using Google's 8.8.8.8 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

9.9.9.9 is also a decent new alternative. It's run by IBM and lookups are checked against its X-Force threat intelligence database.

Advertisement