Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsport App (green) not working with Android 8.1

Options
  • 24-08-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Eir,

I am trying to get Eirsport working on my new Android 8.1 but it won't stream.

I can login and device is listed as registered.

Error message: Sorry something went wrong, try again.

In settings there is diagnostic:
    one line says:  Currently installed Application version 1.5, last available application is 1.3   !!!???

Cheers
    Bikeblue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

bikeblue wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I am trying to get Eirsport working on my new Android 8.1 but it won't stream.

I can login and device is listed as registered.

Error message: Sorry something went wrong, try again.

In settings there is diagnostic:
    one line says:  Currently installed Application version 1.5, last available application is 1.3   !!!???

Cheers
    Bikeblue
    Hi bikeblue, 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your sports app. Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rwebbie

Did you get this resolved and if so how? I am having the exact same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Exact same problem here. The support on the site is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rwebbie

The strange thing is I can cast to my TV from the app and that all works fine, but if I just try to watch directly on my phone I get the error. Also works fine on my son's phone even both phones are running the same Android version (8.0). Is there some video driver or codec that needs to be installed on my phone for it to work, for reference my phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (excellent good value smart phone by the way, never had any issue like this with any other apps). 

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

rwebbie wrote: »
    I had to sent an email to eircomapps@eir.ie which I did on the 29th of August ... still no reply :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Had a similar problem last Sunday morning when trying to watch Moto GP.  Rebooted my phone and all was again working.

I had to sent an email to eircomapps@eir.ie which I did on the 29th of August ... still no reply :mad:
    Hi bikeblue, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

I've contacted them to query this, as soon as I hear back I'll get back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Raoul wrote: »
    Hi there, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. 

If you contact our eir Sport app support team at eircomapps@eir.ie they'll look into this for you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi there, 

If you contact our eir Sport app support team at eircomapps@eir.ie they'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I have contacted them and there has been no reply. Same as other people. It's really bad that this app doesn't work for a lot of people. It won't work for me on the phone or PC.

Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I have contacted them and there has been no reply. Same as other people. It's really bad that this app doesn't work for a lot of people. It won't work for me on the phone or PC.
    Apologies for this. 

If you send on your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this with the eir sports team. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jotspur

Hi.

I am using Google Chromecast to watch content from the Eir Sport app. It says the picture is HD quality, but it is not. Is there any way I can improve the picture quality?

Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Apologies for this. 

If you send on your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this with the eir sports team. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I have done this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Apologies for this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I have done this!
    Hi there Raoul

Would you mind just sending me that PM and I'll follow up on this for you?

-Kyle

Hi bikeblue, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    11 days later and still no reply

Hi bikeblue, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    11 days later and still no reply
    Hi there bikeblue

Can you also send me all the information via PM and I'll escalate this both?

-Kyle

Hi everyone

I've responded to your PMs

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jotspur

jotspur wrote: »
    Hi.

I am using Google Chromecast to watch content from the Eir Sport app. It says the picture is HD quality, but it is not. Is there any way I can improve the picture quality?
    Anyone?

Hi.

Anyone?
    Hi there jotspur

This is not something that we will be able to assist you with from here. I would suggest contacting eircomapps@eir.ie and see if they will be able to assist with this

-Kyle

I have sent an email to eircomapps@eir.ie 6 months ago and still no reply (I am the opener of this thread).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

I have sent an email to eircomapps@eir.ie 6 months ago and still no reply (I am the opener of this thread).
    Hi bikeblue

I wouldn't be able to assist you with this issue here but if you call our technical support team on this number 1890 260 260
    they will be able to help you. 

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Advertisement

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi bikeblue

I wouldn't be able to assist you with this issue here but if you call our technical support team on this number 1890 260 260

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Or don't waste your time and money calling as...like with everything else..nothing will be fixed.

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi bikeblue

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Or don't waste your time and money calling as...like with everything else..nothing will be fixed.
    Exactly my thoughts :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Has anyone gotten a solution to this issue yet.  I am having the same problem for the last 2 months   

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Has anyone gotten a solution to this issue yet.  I am having the same problem for the last 2 months   

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

App not working for me at all tonight, again. Another champion league match missed because Eir couldn't be f**king bothered sorting out the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

App not working for me at all tonight, again. Another champion league match missed because Eir couldn't be f**king bothered sorting out the app.

Same, two of us here and the app not working at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Rushden wrote: »
    Same, two of us here and the app not working at all

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Eir.............Eir heads more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Same not working at all. Joke. Won't work on phone or laptop.

Was same on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Worked okay for the Man United game last week but down tonight for me.

Advertisement