Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats an ags? and why would it cause a thread to be stopped

Options
  • 24-08-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I am not on boards the much in recent years, and perhaps this problem has arisen because im out of touch; I posted a topic today on the legal forum because it was important to me.

There was a lot of sneery comments and perhaps that is the ethos of the legal discussion forum, however I did get some useful tips from one or two people but then I was given out to by a moderator for having ags.

What are ags please? I googled the term but I cant get an answer please?

The moderator also made a remark about me having a rant. this is not a rant it is a fact that causes me and others real trouble. it is worthy of legal discussion in a democratic society.

Please can boards help to (A) find out what ags and (B) allow freedom to express opinions and information that are important to society.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

An Garda Siochana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

reply - im only after reading the advice Seamus - my apologies I will PM to Moderator now as a first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Red Hare wrote: »
    I am not on boards the much in recent years, and perhaps this problem has arisen because im out of touch; I posted a topic today on the legal forum because it was important to me.

There was a lot of sneery comments and perhaps that is the ethos of the legal discussion forum, however I did get some useful tips from one or two people but then I was given out to by a moderator for having ags.

The moderator also made a remark about me having a rant. this is not a rant it is a fact that causes me and others real trouble. it is worthy of legal discussion in a democratic society.

Please can boards help to (A) find out what ags and (B) allow freedom to express opinions and information that are important to society.

AGS = An Garda Siochana, or the Gardai

I read the thread and it seems odd to me that you're not sure whether your insurance disc was valid or not but regardless my guess would be that the thread was locked as it would seem there's an active Garda investigation against you.

Also, Boards is a private company and no guarantee of free speech exists here. You post by their rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The MOD stated what AGS is:-

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107884949&postcount=60

As for the rest, I'll stay quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Red Hare wrote: »

AGS is often used as an abbreviation of An Garda Siochana.

• Advertisement

The district of Dublin which I live in is completely saturated by the police today and tomorrow due to the popes visit.

I am not going to attend to any care for elderly in the local area today and tomorrow because the police presence is extremely intimidating. I have made the decision not to work anymore weekend nights or bank holidays because of my bad experience with the police and in particular armed police.

I would have had a high regard for the gardai until May of this year when one of them stole my disc and refused to give it back or give me his name and number.

In the future it would be helpful if the Legal Discussion on Boards would advise innocent potential posters such as I , that it is intolerant of discussion involving the police force.

If this is done, then innocent citizens such as myself won't post in the legal discussion.

At the time I posted my request for help above I did not know what an Ags was.

I have since been informed that an Ag is An Garda Siochana.

For accuracy sake, i wish to clarify in my query that AGS are An Garda Siochana. Therefore my query is - why the mention of An Garda Siochana would cause my thread to be stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Red Hare - I'm not clear, so apologies for asking. Have you had a conversation with the mod in question to understand why they took the action that they did?

I private messaged the Mod on Friday evening about the matter shortly after the thread was locked - s/he replied "Thanks. Will get back to you later in weekend" . The mod also edited the warning to clarify the meaning of AGS.

Nobody has gotten back.

I also private messaged a c mod yesterday ( tuesday).

thanks

Advertisement