Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashing rain in Sligo town all morning n 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild out here. Deluges and gale lashing us non stop. West Mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet and blustery today in Castlebar, quite dark out as well.

Xenji wrote: »
    Wet and blustery today in Castlebar, quite dark out as well.

did not think it would be as bad as this. Roof rattling stuff...pf course had I read the marine forecast properly..

Status Yellow - Gale Warning.. MARINE WARNING
    Southerly winds will reach gale force 8 at times this afternoon on Irish Coastal Waters from Loop Head to Erris Head to Malin Head.

Issued: Tuesday 25 September 2018 12:00

my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

VERY windy in Tralee. Stuff blowing around the garden type windy. But at least it's dry. That's 3 dry days in a row we've just got. Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

cloudy but warm day in cork city. Nice to walk around in, not roasting not freezing. Not that windy either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bloody cold for my money but that's just indoors! Much less sunny than expected even a drop or two of rain this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after several very cold days and nights, today hasn't turned out bad here, feeling milder and dry with sunny spells. Tomorrow could be the last grasp of warmth we will feel till end of Spring/early Summer 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely day, very little wind, cool start, mostly sunny this evening. Seems like quite a contrast across the country.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It was quite sunny here until about a half hour ago. Now it's mostly cloudy again. And quite breezy. It's 14.8C after an earlier high of 16.3C.

• Advertisement

Almost stormy at times in NW.

Much prefer mobile showery weather to this Autumn blustery cold glum.

Tomorrow we might get an hour of sun in NW before more fog mist n drizzle.

Since July weather heres been cool and cloudy andxwet at times. Maybe October will bring an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nothing like high pressure dominated weather in Autumn. Sunny crisp days with leaves falling it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hung out the clothes Monday evening for this great spell of weather
    Still soaked
    Dull and damp

pauldry wrote: »
    Since July weather heres been cool and cloudy andxwet at times. Maybe October will bring an improvement

My pessimism at the time was in fact realism !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 19/20 degrees here in Cork City. Clouds have burned off and its a beautiful evening!

fresh and lively.. west coast mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Overcast damp day didn’t see any blue sky all day. V muggy now. N Galway

We got our 1 hour of sun at midday but glum again...clearing again tonight but then cloudy n misty tomorrow once more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

We had some nice sunshine today but it's all cloudy now 18.9C after a high of 20.2C today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Warm and generally sunny today in Dublin. Cloudy now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very nice day in the Deise, the sun was briefly hot in the humid air.

Really nice day today in Co Carlow / Kilkenny too. A touch of Autumn to it with warm sunny spells. The leaves are starting to turn and the countryside looks lovely.

A lovely day in Tralee, especially afternoon /evening. One of those days where it kept getting better. By 6pm it had turned into a stunner,everywhere bathed in sunlight, a day borrowed from summer. Such a shame we get so few days like that here in the south west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Exceptionally stunning morning in Dublin 5!! The low sun is sending nice, orange rays which blend in very nicely with the trees and grass. If the quality is good, I'll upload pictures later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Exceptionally stunning morning in Dublin 5!! The low sun is sending nice, orange rays which blend in very nicely with the trees and grass. If the quality is good, I'll upload pictures later.

Scene in Dublin 13.

3VDIffV.jpg

My time has been really cut short by school these past few days to answer your question, sorry about that. Long weekend starting tomorrow though for me so hopefully a couple of updates I’ll be able to give including the answer to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 27/09/18 temperature 11°C
    20180927_075303_zpsq8hmecus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Another cool, crisp, and breezy sunny morning here, love this weather

Me too. A joy to be alive when it's like this.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wish it would stay like this till the start of November. Perfect Autumn days for a few more days even if it turns a little cooler than I'd like.

• Advertisement

Bit brighter today thankfully
    Nice day

Advertisement