Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Ballina co mayo 14/11/18 08.45 temperature 13°C
    SEwv3Tu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

spookwoman wrote: »
    Its still officially Autumn

Froms met.ie own website

https://www.met.ie/cms/assets/uploads/2017/08/YP-Fun-Facts-Seasons.pdf
    Autumn
    Autumn begins on the first of September and continues until the end of
    November
    . During this season the weather starts to get cooler.
    The leaves start to fall off the trees and there are few flowers. School also
    starts again in autumn.

Here it is on the met uk site as well
    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/seasons/autumn

I hear you but you don;t hear me. It all becomes almost a cult. For many of us this is winter. period. met terms have no authority over us. Just the ideas of one set of people. with no defining, autrcratic ,authority.

I give what I can here but keep my integrity and indivdiuality . Old old lady who values not automatically follwoing others.

Now I forget what I came here for; ah well....

Winter heart here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

m17 wrote: »
    Ballina co mayo 14/11/18 08.45 temperature 13°C
    SEwv3Tu.jpg

Your the speed van arnt you ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Jesus a totally terrible day it’s being getting dark since 3pm squally rain all day. Wholly unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gloomy and boring mostly in Dublin 13. A nice red sky appearing though briefly now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I knew we'd be in the crap HP or no HP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Gloomy and boring mostly in Dublin 13. A nice red sky appearing though briefly now.

If you're bored, dude, go check the 12z

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Eugh. Rotten day in cork city. Wet, windy. Then dry and windy and now wet again. Roads haven’t been dry here for about two weeks at this point I’d say or at least a week and a half. Very damp air.

Met Éireann confirms. https://twitter.com/meteireann/status/1062836509743738881?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another dark and wet morning in Castlebar, we have had over 90mm of rain in the last 6 days.

Athlone 15/11/18 08.10 temperature 12°C
    FzaRI3t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Brilliant day out there today, sunny, mild and a nice breeze, feels very summery in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

This must be one of the poorest autumns in the west. A huge amount of dull cloudy misty days. Clear skies in the east and pissing rain here for the last week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Brilliant day out there today, sunny, mild and a nice breeze, feels very summery in fact

nothing like that here in south Meath, dark clouds, stiff breeze and drizzle threatening. Haven't seen any sunshine so far today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Cloudy dull drizzly weather here today but unseasonably very mild.

Gonzo wrote: »
    nothing like that here in south Meath, dark clouds, stiff breeze and drizzle threatening. Haven't seen any sunshine so far today.

Its mad the difference in a few miles, clouded over now in the last 5mins, but it was genuinely sunny all morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This must be one of the poorest autumns in the west. A huge amount of dull cloudy misty days. Clear skies in the east and pissing rain here for the last week.

2011 was probably the worst, nearly 700mm of rain in 3 months, it rained 80/91 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Its mad the difference in a few miles, clouded over now in the last 5mins, but it was genuinely sunny all morning here

spitting drizzle on and off here now for past hour, ground wet. Mostly very dark clouds but at least it's feeling very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sky has actually cleared here in cork city for the first time in about two weeks nearly.

Gonzo wrote: »
    spitting drizzle on and off here now for past hour, ground wet. Mostly very dark clouds but at least it's feeling very mild.

We had rain this afternoon for about 5mins, nothing since but its cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Interesting sky at dusk this evening:

4BJgWk9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Glad to see the end of the rain and the sky clear this evening here in Kerry. Nice and bright after all the low cloud cover over the last few days. 90mm this month so far but looks largely dry now out to around Tues.

Looking cloudy for many tomorrow and again on Sat but clearing as the day goes on from the E . Sunday good potential for a bright sunny day for most .

IpHreL1.png

HdlilUw.png

NJQTh83.png

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

“October data suggest this El Niño is about as Modoki-like as they come.” And this is good yes ? The latest model runs have been exciting. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they promise snow this month at all for Ireland but we can all agree they have been extremely excitingly tantalizing just a little too early. However the set up of actual formidable cold building blocks has been incredible. Cold wet rain in November and a few sleety snow stuff on higher elevations towards the end of this month and then December is another rollercoaster .... end of December will see some flurries and then into the freezer for January so before then we should all stock up. I’m only saying get in some extra tins and dry goods. What harm can it do. (In my head I’m saying stock up on everything cause there will be no delivery in January) it’s easy now to get a few bits in and you might be glad of it later. I don’t have a 2012 feeling about this year. Better prepared then not spared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

kneemos wrote: »
    BBC has it turning milder and wet by next weekend.

It will and you can see it’s got a lot quieter around here since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Has it? It's not even 8am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Has it? It's not even 8am!

Yesterday, their was a distinct lack of charts from the morning on and the usual GIFS that go with it.
    By this time yesterday morning, the Winter thread was going haywire.
    So yes, its been a lot quieter.

Tuam Co galway 16/11/18 7.33 temperature 5°C
    roMd02B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wanted to do this in the FI thread this morning but that would be bold, so here goes...

Ω

466201.jpg

That is all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Supercell wrote: »
    I wanted to do this in the FI thread this morning but that would be bold, so here goes...

Ω

466201.jpg

That is all.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Yesterday, their was a distinct lack of charts from the morning on and the usual GIFS that go with it.
    By this time yesterday morning, the Winter thread was going haywire.
    So yes, its been a lot quieter.

The FI charts are still amazing for snow and cold across the board. Just looking at the 6Z GFS and major displacement of the polar vortex and Atlantic blocking. it's a bit out of the unreliable frame but any lack of chat is down to it being FI, nothing has changed today over yesterday in terms of potential severe cold a fortnight from now. Or hitting in at some stage in early December.

No Atlantic Jet Stream trains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

And so it begins

Advertisement