Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

highdef wrote: »
    To be fair, yellowLabrador seems to be offering helpful advice as the wording of grace7s reply did suggest a sense of fear or worry, Especially to any posters who are unaware of her background. The advice given was sound

assuring you I am not scared or w orried. If I were I would not have chosen as I did to live here, to return to the type of weather I lived in on a North Sea island. It is where I belong,l weather and all!

I think what happens is that readers project their emotions on how others live.

We work together here. Especially us round-the-year residents. No one here is immune to damaging weather. If there is need we help each other.

Please. by all means put me on ignore? I simply record what the weather is here! As I have been doing all my years on boards.

Last night was bad. Loud and noisy. Fact. OK? OK!

In Donegal at the moment and its a really wild night out there, first real windy night of the season. I've been off the grid a bit recently in terms of keeping up with the weather but just had a look at the models and looks like plenty more wildness on the way

Living your name! Donegal can cook up a storm but West |Mayo equals it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I wonder could 25c be recorded in the Dublin area tomorrow afternoon?
    If the high ground can break up the cloud to give good sunny spells then it is very possible with the tropical air over the country?
    If it stays cloudy temps will be around 22c I'd say?

fax24s.gif?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully some sun and warmth tomorrow.

Today is the first decent day since I arrived home on Tuesday. Decent sunny spells all day and feeling warm at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Cloudy in Tralee all day but still a lovely autumn day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

This image (from Icelandic Met Office) shows the 850 hPa temperature anomaly averaged over the 10 day period of the latest ECM run:

7gzE0kz.png

Very rare to see such a large swathe of cold air over the sub Arctic/N. Atlantic region at this time of year, and given the still very warm anomalies over Europe and southern regions of the N. Atlantic, the potential for some real Autumnal weather being thrown our way over this period is quite real.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely afternoon and evening
    Breezy but pleasant all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    This image (from Icelandic Met Office) shows the 850 hPa temperature anomaly averaged over the 10 day period of the latest ECM run:

Very rare to see such a large swathe of cold air over the sub Arctic/N. Atlantic region at this time of year, and given the still very warm anomalies over Europe and southern regions of the N. Atlantic, the potential for some real Autumnal weather being thrown our way over this period is quite real.

What I find interesting (and somewhat confusing) about this is the CFS continues to show a weak Polar Vortex through this Autumn and getting very significant by November despite this Atlantic SST profile.

NAO not looking like going negative any time soon, even though it has already been in a record long run of positivity since April. Getting a bit ridiculous now.

Heavy rain here already. Yesterday was sheerly lovely so we had a break, but a dark morning now. West Mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rotten Monday morning in cork city. Dark and wet.

• Advertisement

Just read MT and his "sporadic light rain in the west" is falling as a torrential downpour

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just read MT and his "sporadic light rain in the west" is falling as a torrential downpour

Certainly wasn't sporadic light rain here in Galway earlier! Looks fairly organised to me looking at the radar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Graces7 wrote: »

Heavy rain in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dry and cloudy here in Dublin.

Just been outside awhile and rain has held off but wind rising in great gusts . Warm though which is very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rain stopped in cork city. Starting to get very gusty though.

Edit: Just walked to the shop and a few gusts actually stopped us from moving for a second, pretty strong. Saw a plane struggling to land aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blustery and wet in Castlebar, steady drizzle after some heavy showers early this morning, looks like it will be an interesting day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sun out in d8

Fairly persistent drizzle in Balscadden Bay, Howth for my Geography field study.

louCAOS.jpg

Still holding dry further inland here in Artane with a few bright spells.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun appearing here now, windy, dry and warm. Temperature currently 20C.

watching large raindrops racing past the glass door diagonally.. in great swathes. hypnotic. ferocious gale. West mayo, offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

The rain stopped at lunchtime and now the temperature has risen. The wind is gusting strongly blowing leaves from the trees.
    Autumnal look but far too warm for an autumnal feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Warm and humid with a bit of a breeze here in Wexford. My missus is complaining about it being a bit nippy in the wind. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s warm anyway !

Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1041586933833629696

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Thursday looking fairy wet too

ukprec.png

Sunny but with lots of cloud around here in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A bright afternoon here in Castlebar with nice sunshine at times but the wind has increased strong and gusty. Very mild despite the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dry, cloudy and breezy in meath today, feels warm enough to.

Advertisement