Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two youtube "stars" are asking you to pay to watch them box each other.

• 24-08-2018 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Someone called KSI is going to fight someone called Logan Paul, they are already rich and they plan to become richer still by staging a PPV fight on youtube.

Are you going to cough up the money or will you just find a stream and claim a little victory against 'the man'.

Or in this case two idiot men-children.

Here's a rightly sceptically toned BBC article if you've never heard of this thing or of them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45271254

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd pay to see Mike Tyson fight them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Logan Paul? Needs a good slap with a name like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

You can pay me to knock their f*cking heads together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I want to sneer at those who will pay to watch it, but then I remembered I paid to watch Conor and Mayweather "fight". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Probably better than the last Heavyweight fight I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

My sons want to watch it so I'll probably end up watching it with them. I won't be forking out for it though. God bless free stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

All kinds of “nope”

I really wish retards would stop financing other retards. The internet could have been such a marvellous tool...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There’s money to be made in any old rubbish online.
    I wish I had known there would be a market for watching people get stoned and talk sh*te while playing video games. I was doing that sh*t before YouTube was invented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Won't be watching it myself. I'm gonna predict that they'll sell at least a million ppvs. I could be way off but it's 2.7% of their combined 37,000,000+ subscribers. At €8 a pop that's €8,000,000 which is a nice payday for them. I admire what they are doing by taking advantage of the attention generation. Most of the younger generation that watches YouTube regularly will know about the fight and, they have captured their attention well because they are already professional entertainers having created content on a weekly sometimes daily basis. Can't hate on their success and I'm hoping Logan Paul gets KO'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

They're going to make a fortune off it, it boggles my mind that people would pay to see it though. Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If they are YouTube stars they might get the money. Teenagers are really into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Isn't that Logan Paul chap the one who had the video of himself in Japan's suicide forest and showed that poor man after he hung himself? (I don't even like writing that, sorry if it triggers anybody)

Why is he still 'famous' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Yeah that’s the guy who was laughing at the corpse in the forest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

You had my hopes up there with the thread title for a minute OP

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd pay to see Logan Paul get seven bells knocked out of him, but not if he was going to profit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

theteal wrote: »
    All kinds of “nope”

I really wish retards would stop financing other retards. The internet could have been such a marvellous tool...

Isn't this crap in the same category as ppv wrestling? Seems to be aimed at youngsters. I doubt they'll be showing it on the big screen down the local. I wouldn't pay for it mind you, but no harm leaving my kids watch it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Still a better love story than McGregor vs Mayweather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

theteal wrote: »
    All kinds of “nope”

Now it’s just a tool for tools to be tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I could walk ten minutes to my local club and watch competent lads sparring for free. Better than wasting a tenner on two slapless spastics panting around a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Is Logan Paul the idiot that went around some city in Japan being a fucking idiot to people before taking some fish out of a pond and dumping them in the street to die? If that's him he deserves a good box in the face but he won't be getting my money.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Cutie 3.14;107886764]Isn't that Logan Paul chap the one who had the video of himself in Japan's suicide forest and showed that poor man after he hung himself? (I don't even like writing that, sorry if it triggers anybody)

Why is he still 'famous' ?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately nothing is sacred anymore and vultures like this scumbag are there to take full advantage. Why not sure when we have generation "me, me, me" who will look at this sort of shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Sounds like a compelling and important issue, unfortunately I appear to be labouring under the rather unfortunate disability of never having heard of either of them, nor having any desire to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I used to always think people who watch Geordie Shore, Love Island, The Kardashians etc were idiots

It's not about the boxing in reality, it's the people that are worth watching, there's going to be no technical analysis or any of that it's basically a white collar event by a group of youtubers

I have my own bubblegum things I watch and this event will be one of them, been watching KSI for years since he used to play Fifa, ordered this the other day and dya know what I'll enjoy it and get more than my €8 of value out of it

What fool shells out for ppv events now I can watch it all in 4K 60fps on my phone. Crystal clarity / liquid motion / choice of commentary. But I won’t be watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I clicked into this thinking There was a Joyce v McDonagh bout coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I'd rather pay to see Daniel O'Donnell box the head off Johnny Logan.

Going to watch it for free on iptv with my boys anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d love to see Tyson back in the ring. He was unreal at his best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Did this start before or after the Mayweather McGregor circuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the only good thing about it is the people into them will probably know how to get a dodgy free stream of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This Kickoff is 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Younger brother paid to see it so I’ve my feet up here watching. Bit of silly fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Never heard of these lads. How much did this cost? Watching it free rn

Did this start before or after the Mayweather McGregor circuses
    In 2017 (don't know what month) KSI and a lad named Joe Weller announced a boxing match which was held in February 2018 I think. KSI beat Joe and won the 'Youtube Championship' and called out 'any of the pauls'. This is his first defence against Logan paul and their brothers are fighting each other too.

This is on now?! Oh ok I’ll look ...:o

Not on yet, so many silly undercard fights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Why is YT still giving a platform to that Paul wanker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »

€6.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why is YT still giving a platform to that Paul wanker...

Little kids go mad for him so he gets views, its as simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

biko wrote: »
    I'd pay to see Mike Tyson rape them both

FYP.

Noveight wrote: »
    Mr_Man2121 wrote: »

€6.50

6.50 too much

• Advertisement

It's free on Twitch, or someone will make it so .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Logan Paul? Needs a good slap with a name like that

Isn't he the pr!ck who made a video mocking someone who'd hung themself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Isn't he the pr!ck who made a video mocking someone who'd hung themself?

erevr4fo38i11.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I genuinely hope KSI knocks him out and he never wakes up. Crazy to think that people still give this bellend money and airtime. YouTube have yet again shown they actually don't care about content and only care about revenue coming in, and unfortunately people still watch this waste of air. Genuinely hope he dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I suppose with the headgear they have a slightly easier time of it

If anyone needs a free stream pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

This is some of the worst "boxing" I've ever seen in my life.

I'm no fighter, and I have genuinely, genuinely had better spars in the gym. Not exaggerating in the slightest here. Woeful.

Hope Paul winds up in hospital. A cretin. The embodiment of everything that is wrong in the world of social media, bro culture, narcissism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You shouldn't give twats like these any of your money or help advertise their twattery, it only encourages them to even greater levels of twattitude.

Like somebody said already you can see decent boxing matches for free at a local club or on Spike.

About to start

It's like Apollo V Drago

Logan is kicking his ass

• Advertisement
Advertisement