Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottlers Bank - Rathgar. Closed for good?

Options
  • 25-08-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Anyone know anything about Bottlers Bank in Rathgar? Closed overnight a few months ago with no notice. Was a really busy, popular bar. I know it was linked to Comans next door which had been closed for years, so not sure if some family feud had spread to Bottlers. If so, I initially had sympathy, but at the end of the day, that's 2 pubs in a tiny village (one huuuuge) that are closed indefinitely. Can't help but feel a bit p*ssed off to be honest. Would love to see them both open some time. Is there any hope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No idea on reopening but why would you feel annoyed? There is another pub around 10 metres away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

I think theres little hope to be honest, given the amount of time Colmens is closed. Cant understand how its been left to rot like that.. surely theres a valuable business to be run.

I was told Bottlers Bank closed due to the HSA telling them they had to change the set up re exits and they didnt carry out the work... ? how true that is i dont know...credit to a randomer in bradys!

Tis a shame was a nice pub... the 108 arent complaining anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

No idea on reopening but why would you feel annoyed? There is another pub around 10 metres away from it.

I know, and I really like the 108.but I sometimes prefer the interior of Bottlers Bank. Comans used to do a good Sunday lunch too. Village could have had it all, a craft beer pub, a traditional interior pub and a large, sports and Sunday lunch pub. Also, now that there's only one, 108 is going to be always packed. It was good to spread the crowd out a bit.

And I'm annoyed because a huge block of real estate in a tiny village will be left empty indefinitely. The residents suffer.

Doop wrote: »
    I think theres little hope to be honest, given the amount of time Colmens is closed. Cant understand how its been left to rot like that.. surely theres a valuable business to be run.
    It's crazy isn't. A pub like Comans could potentially do 100k a week! That's going on the takings of a pub I used to run in London.
    Doop wrote: »
    I was told Bottlers Bank closed due to the HSA telling them they had to change the set up re exits and they didnt carry out the work... ? how true that is i dont know...credit to a randomer in bradys!

Heard something like that too, but more so for Comans. Someone owned the car park out the back, someone owned the pub. To run the pub, you needed permission to access the car park in case of emergency. Permission wasn't given. How true that is, I don't know. Didn't know it might have applied to Bottlers too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Heard a rumour that it is open again - can anyone confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's crazy isn't. A pub like Comans could potentially do 100k a week! That's going on the takings of a pub I used to run in London

There's no way Comans could do 100k a week.

Over 16k a day?

mfceiling wrote: »
    There's no way Comans could do 100k a week.

Over 16k a day?
    Maybe not, just going on the figures for a pub I was in in London. Not the same size at all so my figure was really picked out of the air.

Heard a rumour that it is open again - can anyone confirm?
    I'll be passing it tonight at 8, I'll report back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Reopening details came up on my fb feed in the past few days,
    you could try a search to see what they said, tho ottomh it was due open that day or the next.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Sorry, was meant to get back a few days ago. It's back open 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Any update on Bottlers Bank or Comans? Comans looks like it's had a paint job, so optimistic.

I prefer BB's cosy pub feel to 108's sports bar atmosphere.

Was optimistic when I saw that paint job, but it was over a year ago now. Place was falling apart and very unsightly so maybe they were forced to paint it.

BB still closed of course, I noticed the car park out back is for sale. From what I heard, that car park was an issue with reopening (no permission granted for emergency exit), but might be wrong.

Two pubs now in a tiny village closed indefinitely. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any change is good I suppose. Like if they want to convert both pubs to something else, just get on with it.

Spotted today - I’m optimistic!

Word on the street is it's open now, keep your eyes peeled when walking through Rathgar.

We have lift off! Reopened last weekend. Great to see.

Advertisement