Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Pope protest tickets?

• 25-08-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭

I heard of the pope protest where people order tickets with no intention of going. Having a pint with a mate yesterday & he tells me his EX & her friend have over 100 pope tickets between them. They got the Maximum delivered to 75 Something Road, 75A something Road, 75B, 75C etc I believe its 12 per address. My basic maths says if 1000 protesters did the same thats 100'000 tickets or a fifth of all tickets.

My question is then have any of you gotten or heard of anyone getting protest tickets? If so how many?

Is there an official site that keeps track of how many?

Have any of you ordered tickets & not gotten any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The organizers said a few weeks ago that once they were aware of the issue they had clamped down and actually it was pure over hyped by the media.

What amazes me is they seem to have increased the projected attendance from 500 k to 600 k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

This it's possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Why do this. I am atheist. I am attending for the simple fact its a figure I will never see again. So im going for an interest in the spectacle.
    Im all for protest but dont interfere with those with an interest in the actual mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Are these the same clowns that protested against the queen?

That went down like a lead balloon.

So will this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Without revealing too much it appears they have no crm system and their purported vetting system was a total failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The organizers said a few weeks ago that once they were aware of the issue they had clamped down and actually it was pure over hyped by the media.
    They didn't clamp down hard enough if this pair got over 100 between them.

The maximum allowed by law due to croud control is 500,000 so we know claims of anything over 500,000 is false
    This it's possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

It's an effective way to protest but also a lazy & selfish way to protest. Very unfair that people who wanted to today go have been deprived of tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ANYONE BUYIN OR SELLIN TICKETS!!!?

Are these the same clowns that protested against the queen?

No. Some Catholics don't like the queen & protested. Some people who like the queen might be against the Pope.

Pope & queen are totally different things. In fact different religion figure heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sleeper12 wrote: »

The maximum allowed by law due to croud control is 500,000 so we know claims of anything over 500,000 is false

It's an effective way to protest but also a lazy & selfish way to protest. Very unfair that people who wanted to today go have been deprived of tickets.

They are after saying on Rte that the figure will be near to 600,000 alright.

Edit: But then again RTE has a habit of downplaying Water protests/ trade union protests/ govt protest figures so perhaps on this occasion they're being a bit flathulach with same to suit the agenda!

Fann Linn wrote: »

I thought that was in context of both the papal mass and the drive through the city- 100,000 expected to line the streets of Dublin later today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I got forty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I find the whole idea pathetic. To withold a ticket against people be it religious or just with a genuine interest is petty and creates further division in an already ****ed up world.

By all means protest but dont ruin an event for the average people who would like to be part of the spectacle.

Fann Linn wrote:

A Sean Spicer moment maybe?

The biggest crowd ever! I :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ricero wrote: »
    I find the whole idea pathetic. To withold a ticket against people be it religious or just with a genuine interest is petty and creates further division in an already ****ed up world.

By all means protest but dont ruin an event for the average people who would like to be part of the spectacle.

Nobody was denied a ticket. The window offering them closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I would say any genuine person who wants to attend tomorrow will not be turned away.

Any lowlife who booked tickets in the hope of ruining others chances must be devastated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

I agree. It's even kind of an antisocial behavior. I won't go myself but that does not mean I have to force my opinion onto others.

It's absolutely fine to protest against something or someone you don't like but one has to show respect for others as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

How reliable is your information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement