Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is overseas travel overrated?

2»

Comments

I'd say it's adequately rated. Plenty hate it, some love it, and seemingly everyone would rather talk about anything other than stories about a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He booked his own stuff. He was on a tight budget, so he basically just had a flight & airbnb and winged it from there. I think had he added in just a few excursions, he may have had a better time. Winging it sounds romantic, but if you're not an experience traveler, you can miss a lot.
    "Winging it" sounds like a couple of impulse buys.
    I'd say it's adequately rated. Plenty hate it, some love it, and seemingly everyone would rather talk about anything other than stories about a place.
    I find those who hated it often went on package tours that placed them nearby other tourists. If that's what you expect, fine, but if you look for tranquillity, and goto a city; you should have gone elsewhere.

One of my mates went well off the beaten track with his missus in Spain, into a quite little town. They loved it. Lots of walks, nice wine, and nice food. No tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

weemcd wrote: »
    Proper travel is probably the number one thing most people can do in their lives.

There's exhibit A.

• Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Candyshell

Now that we have google street view it has made travelling obsolete, you can see the whole world from the comfort of your couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Yep

Stay in hostels. Cuts down on the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,146 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I think Henry rollins is right, 'knowledge without miles, is bull****'

Advertisement