Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hope he has 7 after the weekend so

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Did Alonso & Fraser in for Mee & Sessegnon for a - 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

A thoroughly predicable Ricky to Miki on ft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I did Ricki to Walcott.

First week I'm not sitting easy with my team so will see how it goes.

Wildcard a potential next week. Headliners are currently Salah and Aguero but I might want to be fitting Kane in soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I did Ricki to Walcott.

First week I'm not sitting easy with my team so will see how it goes.

Wildcard a potential next week. Headliners are currently Salah and Aguero but I might want to be fitting Kane in soon.

Be tough to have all 3 tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Team A:

Foster

Mendy, PVA, Coleman, Alonso

Pedro, Neves, Salah, Sane

Zaha, Tosun

or

Team B:

Hennessy

Alonso, PVA, Mendy

Walcott, Salah, Ramsey, Pedro

Tosun, Kane/Aguero, Zaha

Which is better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Sane out, Mkhitaryan in? Thoughts?

I would go for it. I Got rid of Sane last week. less heartache worrying about rotation and arsenal have a decent run upcoming and you could use the change to uograde elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

+1

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Team A:

Foster

Zaha, Tosun

or

Team B:

Hennessy

Alonso, PVA, Mendy

Tosun, Kane/Aguero, Zaha

Which is better?

I think Team B but would got for Mitro over Tosun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Team A:

Foster

Zaha, Tosun

or

Team B:

Hennessy

Alonso, PVA, Mendy

Tosun, Kane/Aguero, Zaha

Which is better?

Always handier to keep the teams in the same order when comparing / ruling out the same players. Maybe a little OCD on my part but it just makes it way easier to compare.

A: Foster, Colman, Neves, Sane

Or

B: Hennessy, Walcott, Ramsey, Aguero (or Kane)

Easy one for me, B.

(I would have reservations about Sane & Ramsey as picks due to rotation)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yep, did the same last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No brainer. Yes imo

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

PARlance wrote: »

(I would have reservations about Sane & Ramsey as picks due to rotation)

Yeah I agree. It pains me to take Sané out. He is bound a decent run/return soon (especially with his recent call up for Germany). Ramsey has nice fixtures and a new contract due to be announced shortly. Might leave him be for now, expecially with him playing in Wales this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pulled the trigger om Ricky, I've a feeling he will drop when a heap log in to see he's suspended until 23rd Sept.

Alonso has huge ownership, 34.1%, and I'm in the top 17k OR so can't afford to lose ground if Alonso hits.

Went
    Hoedt -> Alonso
    Ricky -> Højbjerg

2 FT used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Agree. I did that last week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Might just risk no Alonso, and hope he doesn't go nuts. even if he just gets a 6 pointer, it won't be so bad.

Fabianski
    Mendy Robertson WanB
    Salah Mane Ricky Mkhi Pedro
    Aguero Zaha

Foster Hoedt Kamara Peltier

Ricky ---> Ramsey, Walcott or Moura is the plan. the only reason I wouldn't go Moura is he'll become a rotation risk soon. and i'm not sure I'll WC too soon, unless my bench puts me in too much trouble.

If I do Alonso, I'll prob get him in for Robertson. i could keep Ricky, taking his price drop to a resale price of 6.5, and sell him early in the week if his value is due to hit 6.4.

i think i may have talked myself into Robertson ----> Alonso as my one FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Might just risk no Alonso, and hope he doesn't go nuts. even if he just gets a 6 pointer, it won't be so bad.

The benefits of 'thinking aloud'

SlickRic wrote: »

Fabianski
    Mendy Robertson WanB
    Salah Mane Ricky Mkhi Pedro
    Aguero Zaha

Foster Hoedt Kamara Peltier

Ricky ---> Ramsey, Walcott or Moura is the plan. the only reason I wouldn't go Moura is he'll become a rotation risk soon. and i'm not sure I'll WC too soon, unless my bench puts me in too much trouble.

If I do Alonso, I'll prob get him in for Robertson. i could keep Ricky, taking his price drop to a resale price of 6.5, and sell him early in the week if his value is due to hit 6.4.

Get Alonso in, correct call.

Can't see why many are jumping onto the Walcott boat this weekend, I've a very bad feeling about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think you got to have all three of Alonso, Mendy and Robertson. I see them being miles ahead of everybody else.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think you got to have all three of Alonso, Mendy and Robertson. I see them being miles ahead of everybody else.

I'm working on getting in Mendy to complete my back 3 with Ederson in between the sticks. Pure select and leave parked back 3 TBH then for the majority of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd ultimately get Robertson back in on my WC in a few weeks.

i think the next few weeks will be rough on Liverpool with Champions League and very tricky games in the League. he could make me look like an idiot tomorrow, but I do expect Leicester to score one. just a feeling.

bottom line is, I'd rather Alonso's form, fixtures and position on the field (including in the box for set pieces) than Robertson's. and i'm not taking a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I took Robertson out this GW.
    They are not miles ahead of the Spurs full backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Chesty08 wrote: »

They are, because Spurs keep rotating their full backs! Having a 6m defender that only plays 50-60% of the time isn't ideal to say the least!

Alonso (who I don't have) is nailed. Mendy will play 90 % of games, as will Robertson (contrary to what some might suggest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Richarlison to Lingard I reckon. Don't fancy Theo and want a 1 week punt before Wildcarding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Benimar wrote: »

They are, because Spurs keep rotating their full backs! Having a 6m defender that only plays 50-60% of the time isn't ideal to say the least!

Alonso (who I don't have) is nailed. Mendy will play 90 % of games, as will Robertson (contrary to what some might suggest)
    Do you think Robertson will outscore Davies over the next 5 gameweeks? I sure don't think he will. Yes he might play more games, might have a better season overall but that doesn't mean you have to have during his least point spell.
    Factor in, when Davies doesn't play you don't get 0... Wan Bissaka will come in and overall they will score, thats' the aim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

shmeee wrote: »
    I'm working on getting in Mendy to complete my back 3 with Ederson in between the sticks. Pure select and leave parked back 3 TBH then for the majority of games.

I would downgrade to a cheaper keeper. Ederson won’t make a ton of saves cos city normally dominate . Get mendy as city cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Do you think Robertson will outscore Davies over the next 5 gameweeks? I sure don't think he will. Yes he might play more games, might have a better season overall but that doesn't mean you have to have during his least point spell.
    Factor in, when Davies doesn't play you don't get 0... Wan Bissaka will come in and overall they will score, thats' the aim

I think he might.

Spurs have 2 really good games in the next 5 - Cardiff and Huddersfield. These games are either side of the Barcelona game.

If Davies plays the CL game, Rose could easily get both the league games.

Liverpool have one handy game - Southampton and I’m confident Robertson plays that. Also, in the equivalent 5 games last season Liverpool scored 11 goals, so he has a chance of attacking returns.

Liverpool won’t keep a clean sheet every week, but they won’t stop keeping their share of CS either.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Lads, how do I get Alonso and Hazard into this team? 1 FT

Mendy Robertson Bailly Tompkins Wan B
    B Silva, Salah, Mane, Cairney, Schneiderlin
    King, Aguero, Tosun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Lads, how do I get Alonso and Hazard into this team? 1 FT

Mendy Robertson Bailly Tompkins Wan B
    B Silva, Salah, Sane, Cairney, Schneiderlin
    King, Aguero, Tosun