Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Lacazette for Moura?

Laca = Forward in the game
    Moura = Midfielder in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Starting to think Moura in for Richarlison rather than Theo...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thank god I held off on Wildcard. Things will change big style after internationals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any recommendations for Lacazette? Thoughts on Morata?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

International break is weeks away, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

International break is weeks away, no?

No. One more GW, then the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Starting to think Moura in for Richarlison rather than Theo...

Everton play Huddersfield at home though. Spurs are away to Watford.

Benimar wrote: »
    No. One more GW, then the break.

Feck. I thought it was after gameweek 8/9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Feck. I thought it was after gameweek 8/9.

There is one after GW8 too.

Benimar wrote: »
    There is one after GW8 too.

I need to stop spending time with family and start doing important stuff!:D:D
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Robertson/Pedro or Monreal/Mkhy?

Robbo/Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Looking at Bilva and Ricky to Lucas and Mkhi for a hit. Have had a great start so can afford a risk. If it goes pear-shaped I can wildcard. Not really convinced by Walcott and Pedro is a rotation risk. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is everyone transferring out Richarlison??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Looking at Bilva and Ricky to Lucas and Mkhi for a hit. Have had a great start so can afford a risk. If it goes pear-shaped I can wildcard. Not really convinced by Walcott and Pedro is a rotation risk. Thoughts?

Lucas in good form, Mkhi has nice games coming up, no hesitation, go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

He's dropped .1 already, take your profit and push the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Green&Red wrote: »
    Robbo/Pedro

Spanner very much in the works :P
    Was just thinking Moura/Monreal instead....

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

While Walcott looks the obvious replacement for Richarlison, does it concern anybody that he's had just 4 shots this season? Or that Huddersfield are likely to defend deep? Or am I over thinking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I'll be giving Walcott a miss. He's shown over the years that he isn't to be trusted so I don't understand the clamour, even with his favourable fixtures. I'm inclined to park Richarlison on the bench and make use of my subs rather than waste two transfers getting Richarlison in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Going to be a LOT of angry people /son storiesif the ever resilient Walcott were to get injured midweek............there are players I'd risk signing early and there is him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I’m thinking similar, glad i let Walcott rise, Lucas playing up front and was excellent tonight, i thought he’d be a rotation risk but can’t see him being dropped anytime soon.

AdpRo wrote: »
    I’m thinking similar, glad i let Walcott rise, Lucas playing up front and was excellent tonight, i thought he’d be a rotation risk but can’t see him being dropped anytime soon.

When is son back

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

How soon is Son back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Final on this weekend so GW5 i guess but I’d be willing to take a chance that he won’t get back in straight away. If he does and Lucas looses out I can always get Rici back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did a u-turn on Lucas having looked at his stats. Very few shots I don't think his goalscoring is sustainable. Did Arnie and Ricky to Mitrovic and Mkhi for a -4 instead.

Did a u-turn on Lucas having looked at his stats. Very few shots I don't think his goalscoring is sustainable. Did Arnie and Ricky to Mitrovic and Mkhi for a -4 instead.

Son coming back in one gameweek as well
    I’m still leaning towards Townsend .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    When is son back
    Johny Cage wrote: »
    How soon is Son back?
    His last game at Asian Cup is Saturday, should be back in action for GW5.

Then you've to drop one of Eriksen, Alli, Son, Moura.

Why are all the good ones rotation risks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

A poor GW3 (39) after 2 very good ones has me all tempted to take hits. Richarlison & Firmino > Mitro & Mane looking a very obvious one.

BUT...I had decided this year to limit my hits to situations where it is absolutely needed. I got bitten too many times last year on this. Firmino is a good example of this. He hasn't got firing FF wise this year yet, but remains an integral part to possibly the most high-scoring team in the league. Is it really wise to take a hit for a potentially flash-in-pan striker for a most likley bottom half team? 

At the moment I think I will have patience with Firmino and do Rich to one of Walcott/Moura, accepting I might lose some value. For me a good barometer of your team at this stage is how many are going up in value v those going down...from that point of view I'm in decent shape and can hopefully put GW3 down to a bump in the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

In theory, Lucas is "the" perfect FPL asset. Fast, technical, skilled enough in front of goal. In theory...
    He did not fulfilled the expectations around him in PSG despite a few OK seasons stats-wise. When Son'll be back, I'm not sure he'll keep his starting place too.

I'll keep an eye on him though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

mectavba wrote: »
    A poor GW3 (39) after 2 very good ones has me all tempted to take hits. Richarlison & Firmino > Mitro & Mane looking a very obvious one.

BUT.. Is it really wise to take a hit for a potentially flash-in-pan striker for a most likley bottom half team? 
    I think it's a bit harsh calling Mitro a flash in the pan, Fulham seem to create a good bit and he will score a decent amount of goals this season, albeit against weaker teams and predominantly at home most likely. For me, he's the kind of player you need in at the right time, that time was the weekend just gone. A lot of the mid table team strikers are similar, they will reach double figures goal wise but will get them here and there over the season. If you are reacting to a good performance from them, you have probably missed the boat.

I have Mitro and he did a job but i will be replacing after this weekend (don't think it's worth taking a hit to get rid of him now). If I didn't have him, I'd be looking at the likes of Zaha, Tosun and Ings given their upcoming fixtures. I'd hope for a decent return but I'd be looking elsewhere again after two weeks.

Advertisement