Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Thinking Ricky/Sessegnon out, Fraser/Pererya in, anyone any thoughts? Would leave me with 1.2 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is there any chance Pep will give Aguero a rest?

Have a feeling himself and Bernardo Silva may start on the bench this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Is there any chance Pep will give Aguero a rest?

Have a feeling himself and Bernardo Silva may start on the bench this weekend

Personally have a feeling that Bilva will be rested, but not Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Augero always tears it up against Newcastle , has a five goal haul and a hat trick in recent meetings. Can’t see him being rested and will be my captain this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still mulling over taking a hit for Alonso....

My cunning alternative is starting PVA and Wan-B against Southampton and praying to the FPL gods for a double-cleanie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It seems I'm facing the same conundrum as a few others - Do I take a hit for Alonso?

It would be PVA & Richarlison to Alonso & Fraser.
    I think Fraser is a very viable final midfielder, and good value at 5.6. Tough fixture this week, but then a nice run up to and including GW10.
    I feel like I need Chelsea cover, and Alonso provides that. Transferring out PVA seems unnecessary this week, but I've Wan-Bissaka too, and I can't see myself ever wanting to start both.

I've exact money for those moves, so would need to move tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bernard may come in and take Siggy spot?

Yeah not a good sign that he's lining up with the 2nd string tonight either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's mad that the most nailed on Man City and Chelsea attacking threats (player that's likely to get goal/assist but not rotated) is their left backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm stupidly tempted by Robertson ----> Alonso.

I have Alonso. City & Chelsea have nice fixtures , Liverpool dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've 1.4 in the bank.

my next brainwave is:

Hoedt ----> Alonso
    Richarlison ----> Knockaert

for a -4.

my team is:
    Fabianski
    Mendy Robertson WanB
    Salah Mane Pedro Mkho Ricky
    Zaha Aguero

Foster Hoedt Kamara Peltier

i can't decide if it's worth the hit. i'd be doing it as a blocker as much as anything as I don't want to risk an Alonso 15 pointer going against me. but is that me just being needlessly fearful?
    Knockaert is an infuriating player to own. He looks dangerous but none of the Brighton play goes through him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'd need a - 4 to get Alonso in.

Currently have:
    Foster Hammer
    Mendy TAA Shaw WB Peltier
    Salah Lucas Walcott Fraser Gunnarrson
    Kane Aguero Zaha

Already got Theo for Rich.

The best option I see is:
    Shaw > Alonso
    Lucas > Kante

Not ideal getting rid of Lucas before he even plays. But having him and Kane may have been overkill, and I just can't get rid of King Harry.

Any other better options? Hard to ignore Alonso with two nice home games coming up.

Edit, I've 5.8 to replace Lucas if I do it before he rises tonight.

I've just noticed that I could do:

Shaw > Alonso
    Salah > Hazard

Chelsea have Bournemouth (H) & Cardiff (H)
    Liverpool have Leicester (A) & Spurs (A)

I don't plan to go Salah-less for long, but short term could be a good option. Very difficult for me to get Alonso in otherwise, reluctant to move Kane on, but maybe I'm heart over head with that.

Am I mad to consider this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't know why but I just can't pull the trigger on ricky to Walcott........i keep coming back to Townsend...........I may be being too smart for my own good .......I just think I'll probably end up moving Pedro on soon anyway and that could be fir Ricky again !

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

km79 wrote: »
    I don't know why but I just can't pull the trigger on ricky to Walcott........i keep coming back to Townsend...........I may be being too smart for my own good .......I just think I'll probably end up moving Pedro on soon anyway and that could be fir Ricky again !

I really don't see the appeal of Walcott either. I think when Huddersfield come and put 10 men behind the ball he will struggle, he's much better on the counter. Having said that, not a huge fan of the alternatives at that price. Eyeing up Fraser, Moura or Pedro currently.

Pulled the trigger on a Robertson to Mendy hit

CSWS101 wrote: »
    I really don't see the appeal of Walcott either. I think when Huddersfield come and put 10 men behind the ball he will struggle, he's much better on the counter. Having said that, not a huge fan of the alternatives at that price. Eyeing up Fraser, Moura or Pedro currently.

Have Fraser and Pedro
    .1 short of Moura but was not sure I’d get him either with son back in one gameweek
    Honestly I’ve been half thinking about keeping transfer and benching Ricky
    Only thing stopping me is the int break giving so much more time for price drops
    I’d love to have 2 FT after the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »

Too late now but.. but.. why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have Fraser and Pedro
    .1 short of Moura but was not sure I’d get him either with son back in one gameweek
    Honestly I’ve been half thinking about keeping transfer and benching Ricky
    Only thing stopping me is the int break giving so much more time for price drops
    I’d love to have 2 FT after the break

What price do we expect Ricky to end up at? I'm keeping him anyway but got him for 6.5 so not too bothered if he goes to 6.4 or 6.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What price do we expect Ricky to end up at? I'm keeping him anyway but got him for 6.5 so not too bothered if he goes to 6.4 or 6.3.

The way the drops are going he could end up at 6.0 by next Sunday morning, not this coming Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

T-b0n3 wrote:
    Am I mad to consider this?

No, not mad. A touch crazy but not mad. Liverpools fixtures are tough for the next 5 weeks except gw5 and I'm considering Salah out to fund Kane in.

The good thing about Salah is everyone already has him so he's extremely unlikely to rise beyond 0.1 if at all, unlike last year.

The good thing about Salah is everyone already has him so he's extremely unlikely to rise beyond 0.1 if at all, unlike last year.

That's also a bad thing
    Everyone has him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i understand the appeal of going with no Salah.

from watching every game of his so far, my fear would be that once he clicks, you're fúcked if you don't have him. he's 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games where, by all accounts, he's been well below par.

now there's always a chance that he exerted a lot last year, and at the World Cup, and he may never hit last year's heights again.

but he's getting the chances for Liverpool (bar the 2nd half against Brighton where the whole team, by Klopp's own admission, was poor). he could've had a couple more against West Ham. he could've had 2 easily, and possibly more against Palace, and he should've had another against Brighton. and these weren't half chances. they were chances he gobbled up last season.

also, Liverpool's structure is designed to get him in one-on-one positions as often as possible - either with the last defender or keeper. Mane, while dangerous too, is used far more as the force that breaks the defence, leaving Salah to shoulder the majority of the finishing.

Chesty08 wrote: »

Too late now but.. but..  why?
    Fixtures of the next 4 GW's. I think Mendy will outscore him by more than 4 points and no point jumping on in the middle of the run. Still have wildcard there and plan to reshape team with both soon after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

In between minds today on what to do with Ricky, might just take the .1 profit and strengthen my defence.

Hoedt -> Alonso
    Ricky -> ??? 4.4 mil mid

Bench fodder TBH for 4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shmeee wrote: »
    In between minds today on what to do with Ricky, might just take the .1 profit and strengthen my defence.

Hoedt -> Alonso
    Ricky -> ??? 4.4 mil mid

Bench fodder TBH for 4.4.

Højbjerg looks to be the only real option at 4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Højbjerg looks to be the only real option at 4.4.

Very limited options alright, has to be him.

Minutes played ranking for the 3 4.4£ MF players who have featured so far this season:

Højbjerg / SOU / 76 mins

Maitland-Niles / ARS / 34 mins

McTominay / MUN / 14 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

shmeee wrote: »
    Very limited options alright, has to be him.

Minutes played ranking for the 3 4.4£ MF players who have featured so far this season:

Højbjerg / SOU / 76 mins

Maitland-Niles / ARS / 34 mins

McTominay / MUN / 14 mins

Gunnarson (Car) could be worth considering as well. When he's back from injury he must have a good chance of getting in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gunnarson (Car) could be worth considering as well. When he's back from injury he must have a good chance of getting in the team

Yep. He should play after international break. Still think he was one of the best 4.5 options. I'll probably have to keep him on wildcard and hope to get my 0.1 back at some stage before DGW season!

Walcott has had 4 shots this season apparently
    Shots

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Shots

So what you're saying is that he's efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shots

2 games with 10 men

Advertisement