Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Non-Single Housemate Moving In

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Get rid, get someone with a job. U knew this before she moved in but took her in anyway, ah well sometimes u have to learn the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Galcon

It is a friend of a current tenant and she said she would fit in perfectly with our routines. I don't want to evict the girl I'm just wondering how to broach this without sounding unreasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

get the friend to have a word?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The friend won't rise up against her own friend. My advice, start looking. Your own sanity is worth far more than the aggro you are encountering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I would get the other housemates to agree with you first, then broach it in person rather than via social media. It doesn't have to be like a big meeting, just one evening make sure you and other housemate are in living room with her and you raise it gently but firmly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Idonotknow

It’s best off to just start off with that conversation, it only gets harder later on, I am going through the horrors with similar. Just say that they need to be aware of others.

And it’s not unreasonable to tell them how often the partner can stay over. I’ve recently had that conversation myself, it wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be.

Simply, they were offered the room as a single occupant, while they may have visitors the living situation should never end up with you feeling that there is an extra housemate.

Good advice, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Id be loosing the plot with the friend who reccomended her and telling her to sort it out or you're gonna make an ungodly scene and bodily turf yer one out on her ear.

Unfortunately, she is the one who is currently away. My room is next to the new tenants so I will have to sort this myself. House sharing can be tricky at the best of times so hopefully it works out

Advertisement