Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months and Huawei problem

• 25-08-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I bought a Huawei Psmart phone in July and have been using it on 48months. Yesterday I got a message saying could not register on network. Done manual search and registered on 48 network. Data working fine but could not make or receive calls. Took sim out and tried in a Samsung phone and all working fine. Tried my sons sim (also 48) in the Huawei and same issue, could not make or receive calls. Popped an Eir sim into the Huawei and its working fine.
    I have carried out a factory reset, removed sim and reinserted, restarted etc but still the same.

Just done a network search and 48 network is not appearing in the scanned list. Have been on to 48 chat and they assure me all is good on their end. Kind of baffled as to how the sim works in the Samsung and not the Huawei. I have ordered a replacement sim from 48 on the offchance.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Edit just one another scan and 48 showing up but getting "network registration failed"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

pissed wrote: »
    Long story short, I bought a Huawei Psmart phone in July and have been using it on 48months. Yesterday I got a message saying could not register on network. Done manual search and registered on 48 network. Data working fine but could not make or receive calls. Took sim out and tried in a Samsung phone and all working fine. Tried my sons sim (also 48) in the Huawei and same issue, could not make or receive calls. Popped an Eir sim into the Huawei and its working fine.
    I have carried out a factory reset, removed sim and reinserted, restarted etc but still the same.

Just done a network search and 48 network is not appearing in the scanned list. Have been on to 48 chat and they assure me all is good on their end. Kind of baffled as to how the sim works in the Samsung and not the Huawei. I have ordered a replacement sim from 48 on the offchance.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Check what the Network Mode setting is on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Check what the Network Mode setting is on the phone.

It was set to 4G/3G/2G/auto. I have also tried it on 3G same results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What model number exactly do you have?

Hi, thanks for the reply. As below.

Huawei P smart
    Model FIG-LX1
    Build FIG-LX1 8.0.0.132(C782)
    EMUI version 8.0.0
    Android version 8.0.0

Fully capable, and the fact that you see the network name means radio wise it is able to receive the relevant band.

The only thing that I can think of that makes sense is 48 have blacklisted your IMEI(phone) but I see no cause for them doing so.

You have two sim slots in the phone? If so assuming you've tested in both (dual sim phones act as two phones in some ways).

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Fully capable, and the fact that you see the network name means radio wise it is able to receive the relevant band.

The only thing that I can think of that makes sense is 48 have blacklisted your IMEI(phone) but I see no cause for them doing so.

You have two sim slots in the phone? If so assuming you've tested in both (dual sim phones act as two phones in some ways).

Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to think along the same line with the IMEI. Just off chat now and yes it was reported as stolen :eek:, Chat said they unblocked it but still not registering. I bought it from a guy on adverts as new and collected from his home. Will wait and see what he has to say about it.

Loads of ways to scam you after the fact like that (report stolen + claim insurance, get an upgrade then don't pay any bills etc).

Depending on how Three manage blocks on the MVNOs there may be a small lag before the cells update their blacklists.

Just to follow up, the seller sorted it out. Contract was cancelled so they blacklisted but all good now.

Advertisement