Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Mods

Options
  • 25-08-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Ok so, I've decided to dip my toe into the world of mechanical mods. I've just ordered a VGOD Pro Mech Mod and would love some advice from the more experienced vapors out there to get me started....

What coils would you suggest for quick ramp up time and what sort of Ohms should I be looking at? Is simple round wire the best way to go rather then the more complex coils?

I have a stack of Samsung 25R batteries (all double wrapped), would these be okay to use?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Ok so, I've decided to dip my toe into the world of mechanical mods. I've just ordered a VGOD Pro Mech Mod and would love some advice from the more experienced vapors out there to get me started....

What coils would you suggest for quick ramp up time and what sort of Ohms should I be looking at? Is simple round wire the best way to go rather then the more complex coils?

I have a stack of Samsung 25R batteries (all double wrapped), would these be okay to use?

Thanks!

You'll probably know this but make sure you understand battery safety and ohm's law. In terms of ohm's don't go under .1, personally I won't go under .18.

On the coil side of things I've Chris Grimes aliens in both of mine. They're superb. I can't recommend his coils enough. On the batteries, the Samsung's are grand (depending on your set up) , but I'd recommend the Sony vtc5a's. For batteries I'd recommend 18650.uk

This is a start I'm sure others will give you a steer too

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Cheers Con, I think I have a few CG aliens about here somewhere, if I remember they came out at about .18 a pair but I've added a wrap to them to nudge them up to .2 in the past. VTC5A's seem to be the way to go. Nkon.nl have them for €4.99, about to buy 4 of them, (works out at €7 each inc. shipping). Will report back when the mod arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Kanthal round wire 22 or 24 gauge works great at .3 to .5 spaced or micro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

2 important things for mech use, battery choice and ohms law. Battery choice imo would be as stated Sony vtc5a. Tested and proven 25amp battery meaning you can put a build of minimum 0.17 and remain safely inside the battery amperage. Personally I wouldn't exceed the stated amps of any battery but the vtc5a can be safely pulsed up to 30 amps but not on a continuous basis. Check out Mooch battery tests online,sorry I can't link to any of these atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

And also very important....make sure there is no damage on the battery wraps of whatever battery you use,if there is re wrap them asap, otherwise,you can get a short,not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Thanks Bill, I have some VTC5A's on order. Probably going to use coils @2ohms (paired).

Advertisement