Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Right and Far Left not taken off like other Countries

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I was also thinking of Tony Singh, the chef.

Bit of a rookie error there -- he's fae Embra. :)

But yes, it's very much a common-or-garden Central Belt accent. (If anything, Hardeep Singh Kohli might sound that bit more powsh and rafeyned.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

FTA69 wrote: »
    Taytoland wrote: »
    You only have the third largest party made up of murderers, gangsters, crooks, fraudsters, incompetent politicians. The rose tinted glasses in this thread as if Ireland doesn't have such politics, it has worse.

It's gas the way people are stil hysterically shrieking about the danger SF poses to the fabric of the state. I picked up the Sindu last weekend while at home and it still has the same idiots talking the same alarmist sh*t.

Sinn Féin are a run of the mill left-of-social-democrat party these days. They're honestly not planning some mad revolution to install Mary Lou as Commandante in Chief.
    With crooks, murderers, paedo cover ups, bank robbers etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Yeah as opposed to Ulster Unionism's proud tradition of democratic politics. Unbelievable hypocrisy.

Yeah as opposed to Ulster Unionism's proud tradition of democratic politics. Unbelievable hypocrisy.
    Not trying to run in your state or influence Dail politics. Sinn Fein are.

Well they've a democratic mandate and good luck to them. They're no different to the Labour Party or the rest of them.

Well they've a democratic mandate and good luck to them. They're no different to the Labour Party or the rest of them.

Don't be so insulting to the Labour Party. They would be horrified at such a post.

Where's the hypocrisy? We don't have the unionists 'proud traditions' within this country, and there is no expectation of them being accepted. Somehow though, we're expected to simply forget the past negative connections of SF, and assume all their 'proud traditions' or their 'republican' connections are somehow washed clean of innocent blood. Nah. Not buying that.

The hypocrisy is pretending that either group is better or worse than the other. The dishonesty is suggesting that SF has put away their history and are willing to be a legitimate party. They've still got one foot stuck in the North, and honestly, the Republic doesn't need that kind of nonsense.

The hypocrisy is Unionists crying about political violence when the major Unionist party was up to its arse in it, that's what. As if Unionism has any sort of moral highground over anyone after decades of sectarian gerrymandering, discrimination and institutional state violence.

As for Sinn Féin, they have an all-Ireland view and represent Irish people on both sides of the border with unity being a political aspiration; an aspiration shared by other Irish political parties and by a majority of the Irish people as a whole. Now, that mightn't float your boat whatsoever but luckily for you, you've the prerogative of not voting for them if you don't want to.

Likewise, as I said above, they are pretty much a run of the mill social democratic party in the way they operate and in terms of their policies. The IRA is gone as a result of a political process supported by pretty much everyone and that's that really.

Don't be so insulting to the Labour Party. They would be horrified at such a post.

Ha, like Pat Rabbitte and Eamonn Gilmore for years being a member of a party and running election campaigns funded on the basis of bank robberies, extortion and tax scams carried out by an illegal armed organisation? An organisation that killed 70 odd people including police, soldiers and rival Republicans.

Yeah fierce different to SF in every aspect.

The hypocrisy is Unionists crying about political violence when the major Unionist party was up to its arse in it, that's what. As if Unionism has any sort of moral highground over anyone after decades of sectarian gerrymandering, discrimination and institutional state violence.

I think you missed my point. They're both groups of scum-merchants.
    As for Sinn Féin, they have an all-Ireland view and represent Irish people on both sides of the border with unity being a political aspiration; an aspiration shared by other Irish political parties and by a majority of the Irish people as a whole. Now, that mightn't float your boat whatsoever but luckily for you, you've the prerogative of not voting for them if you don't want to.

And I cry propaganda. Pure and simple.

Now that's the way the Far-right should tackle the Irish population.
    Likewise, as I said above, they are pretty much a run of the mill social democratic party in the way they operate and in terms of their policies. The IRA is gone as a result of a political process supported by pretty much everyone and that's that really.

Okie dokie. I still consider SF up to their elbows in blood, and corruption.

But thankfully, we do live in a country where we are allowed to have different opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Bottom line the irish dont care enough to go beyond whinging on the net or to Joe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Political Position of Governing Parties of Europe 1946-2017

https://i.imgur.com/KHK5AUl.gif

I think you missed my point. They're both groups of scum-merchants.

No I didn't miss your point at all. Taytoland is a northern Unionist who likes to defend the police, the British Army and the institutions that existed in the northern state before the political settlement. Someone who does that while moaning about Republican violence is a hypocrite. Hence my point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

Because Irish vote like pussies. 2 parties which **** up the country in turns go round and round. FF ****s it up ok we vote them out and put FG. Next election rinse and repeat and expect a different results. I started to have hope actually after the abortion referendum passed so there might still be some hope but I highly doubt it. Votes don't matter anyway. We need a good dictator if we want change

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Because Irish vote like pussies. 2 parties which **** up the country in turns go round and round. FF ****s it up ok we vote them out and put FG. Next election rinse and repeat and expect a different results. I started to have hope actually after the abortion referendum passed so there might still be some hope but I highly doubt it. Votes don't matter anyway. We need a good dictator if we want change

A violent revolution would be better to wipe the political spectrum clean. Hanker back to our roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Far Left and The Far Right would love to take away our right to vote. They did that it other countries, and it did not work out well.

Advertisement