Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling with a 9 month old

• 25-08-2018 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Good evening everyone,

My partner and I plus our 9 month old boy are heading on our first family holiday next Sunday, we are travelling from Dublin to Faro, I am looking for advise regarding going through customs etc. in Dublin (and Faro) are we allowed to bring milk through? If anyone has any advise or guidance it would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

You can bring baby formula - you can even bring a bit in from the USA I think, as an exemption to the rules about US dairy coming into the EU.

Presumably the normal rules about fluids apply though.

Faro is in Portugal, right? You don't need to go through customs between EU countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

You’re allowdd go bring through any baby food/drink that you might need for the journey. I don’t know who decides what a ‘reasonable’ amount is but we’ve never had issue. The baby food/bottles etc. need to be in the clear plastic freezer bags and they take them for a few minutes at security and test them separately.

For easiness on a plane we’ve always found the ready made small bottles of formula the best, but depends if you can get them with your brand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Put everything on the belt.I have brought a couple of bottles with cooled boiled water and tubs of powder, along with a couple of premade ones.Don't forget to put out your nappy cream/calpol and any other creams or liquids you have, try to bring small tubes/tubs through security as you can buy most things on the other side of security.I put a box of formula in check-in baggage.There is a supermarket chain in the Algarve in Portugal that sells UK and Irish food, so you can get Aptamil/SMA there anyway -the basic ones (trying desperately to remember the name of the shop, starts with an A....)along with Heinz and a few Ellas kitchen pouches if you are stuck for food for the baby.

If your baby likes warm bottles, board early and give a bottle to the airhostess to heat once you are on board, that way it is ready for when you take off.

Edit:Apolonia is the name of the chain.Google for locations but there are quite a few around Faro.

Advertisement