Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey valley SC loads of units closed

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

L1011 wrote: »
    I see the former Arc/Elms has reopened, but I managed to forget its new name by the time I'd driven past the Foxhunter, so can't find if it has any web presence

Drive past it all the time so it’s burned into my brain. It’s called Vela. https://velarestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Popple3 wrote: »
    Drive past it all the time so it’s burned into my brain. It’s called Vela. https://velarestaurant.com/

Vela - where you meat and eat. Is that an intentional typo?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

DopeTech wrote: »
    Vela - where you meat and eat. Is that an intentional typo?!

It's worse than that. It's "were you meat and eat"

From looking at the menu, I'm not sure they know what exactly they're supposed to be. Bit of Indian, bit of Chinese, some burgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can punctuate that in various ways to make it sound really philosophical... and still absolutely and utter nonsense

"Were you meat? And eat?" "Were you? Meat and eat?" and so on.

Its Where on a few of the pages but the Meat typo is consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone any idea when TK-Max is opening at Liffey Valley. I see they are still only wiring it at least they were when I was last up there two weeks ago. Is there a date set for its opening? Would not mind going to that.

Also what is going in the other new building on the shopping centre?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Tk maxx is already open a week or two now, it's in the upstairs section where spurs used to be, five guys has opened on the bottom there this week too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

So it's a bit of a disaster there now. Parking is a nightmare. Also they are planning on bringing charges in for parking. I didn't fancy going when parking was free. Now, they would like to charge for the pleasure of going there? Nah.

I've taken to walking up there if I'm going after noon. The place is a disaster zone at the moment with all the roadworks and they're due to continue until December.

I've heard the charging for parking a couple of times recently but don't they need to have the land rezoned and put in for planning permission to do that?

Once its planned as parking they can charge whenever they want to. The new entrance/exit setup (which is so badly signed) over by M&S splits in to lanes for ticket machines; so its clearly in the plans.

The queue to get in today shows that there is huge demand to go there; people still go to Dundrum with it being pay too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

When it first opened there were parking barriers and you got a ticket? Or am I remembering wrong (old age)

Most likely they will have 3 hours free parking and then progressively higher as a lot of spaces are taken up with all day parking of staff and people taking the bus into Dublin

No, it has always been free. Are you possibly remembering IKEA? It was pay during peak periods for about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

The queue was so bad because there was delays getting in to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Pay parking aside, it’s interesting reading a few pages of this thread with some signalling the death of the centre for a while now.

Hadn't visited a lot in recent year but it genuinely looks better than ever. Shops mightn’t have much for me but my daughter loves an hour or so wandering around there. Once that market is looked after, it should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Ive noticed Mad Egg is opening soon (or maybe is already open by now), alwayd heard good things so looking forward to trying

But yeah im not driving up there at the moment, its nuts. Even a evening trip up to the cinema recently was a disaster. Might be a case of parking in tesco or retail park and walking across

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Early morning visit is the best time and leave before 1!!

Ah yes indeed. That lane split makes sense now!

However, it's an absolute maze to get out of the M&S end now. A few clear signs would help no end.

As others have said, I think the place looks quite well recently. Zara opening had helped quite a bit and is usually quite busy. Mad Egg will be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've never had a problem parking there but usually park at the marks end. But agree its a maze to get out now, seems you have to drive miles unnecessarily to get out. Also, annoying that they got rid of the angled spaces.

My daughter wanted to visit Penneys at Liffey Valley at the weekend, and when we saw the chaos we literally turned around and drove away. Just couldn't be arsed. Between the queues to get in, and the rampant abuse of disability parking in Liffey Valley anyway, it just wasn't worth the effort.

Might try Blanchardstown this weekend. I'd rather pay the M50 toll. Or Nutgrove. Shame Penneys in Rathfarnham is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What ever happened to LEON at Liffey Valley? They were there then gone. A pity was a nice place to eat.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

They closed the one in Temple Bar too. Maybe operating in Ireland wasn't viable for them with Brexit etc...

Their menu wasn't the same as Uk either or even the same standard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you bought shares in asos when you wrote this, they would have cost £58.66 each. That share is worth £3.61 today.

Funny reading back on the doom and gloom about how liffey valley is on its last legs in this thread.

Yep all the units are now occupied, aren't they? It looks very bare at each end though, particularly without the M&S cafe outside the Next. A lot of the smaller stalls along the mall seem to have gone as well.

Its not booming for sure. Alot of mismatch shops

Advertisement