Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many people do you have on ignore?

• 25-08-2018 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, I just wondered how many people do ye have on ignore. Well I guess if you have me on ignore you won't be able to see this post! :p

I don't have anyone on ignore, even if someone annoys me I still prefer to see what they have to say. I wouldn't rule it out though if someone was persistently bothering me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

had to go check, none as it turns out.

That doesn't necessarily mean I take everyone's contributions equally but apparently I've yet to let someone get far enough under my skin to put them on ignore.

Yay me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Nobody so far. If I don't like someone, it makes me even more curious about what they have to say :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s easier to ridicule the muppets when you can see what they are saying.
    Present company excepted and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Nobody so far. If I don't like someone, it makes me even more curious about what they have to say :pac:

Sometimes I actually think I like to read posts by people who annoy me so I can get all riled up about it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Well I guess if you have me on ignore you won't be able to see this post! :p

And it probably looks like I’m quoting a ghost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have 2 people on ignore at the moment. Both of them are trolls. There was a third who just annoyed me but then they were modded* so I had to take them off.

*not an AH mod I would add

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am ignored by a good few but would never ignore anybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have none. Its pointless to do it on boards. They still see your posts, quote them & slag you off. Unless you have a block function where you can't see them & they can't see you then it's pointless imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I used to have one or two, who don't post anymore, so none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I don't even know where to get that function so it's wasted on me!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I've never put anyone on ignore. I block people on Twitter all the time though. If anyone who I don't follow pops up uninvited in my mentions to tell me why I'm wrong about something, they usually get blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Just remember if they’re ignoring your ass then they must be ignoranuses

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bradlin

It's more hassle to put someone on Ignore that to just scroll through their post.

I'd love to see a Leaderboard Table of the people who are most Ignored. I wonder would it change their behaviour?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    I have 2 people on ignore at the moment. Both of them are trolls. There was a third who just annoyed me but then they were modded* so I had to take them off.

:( It's me isn't it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Didn't even know there was an ignore until yesterday! So no one :)

Bradlin wrote: »
    It's more hassle to put someone on Ignore that to just scroll through their post.

I'd love to see a Leaderboard Table of the people who are most Ignored. I wonder would it change their behaviour?!

I'm dying to know who has me on ignore but it could be disheartening if it's lots of people or someone you didn't expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I'm dying to know who has me on ignore but it could be disheartening if it's lots of people or someone you didn't expect.

Wasn't even aware of an ignore option, sure I can't even unfriend yet on FB 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

None. I don't like the idea of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

No one. Sure half the craic here is reading posts and thinking "what a fooking moron that guy is". It makes me feel good about myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I never felt the urge to ignore anyone. Same way I don't follow threads. I read what's in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Years ago on the Ranting and Raving forum someone replied to one of my posts by quoting me and saying "FAIL". I then made a counter rant about idiots who quote posts just to say "FAIL".

I forgot about it until about 8 or 9 months later when he started leaving stupid comments on my profile and I kept getting notifications about them. At this point I couldn't even remember who he was until I searched through my old threads to see if I'd ever encountered him. After a few of these comments it started getting annoying so I put him on ignore. He remains the only person I've put on ignore.

The comments he left on my profile are gone by the way before anyone bothers looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

This is a weird thread. It has no O.P. just replies! W.T.F. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

How do you check? I'd say I have around 20 on there, maybe more. Between the abortion referendum thread and the pope thread, there's been a lot of crazies that I've had to make disappear. One of the best things about the mobile site is that when you put someone on ignore, they disappear, none of this "x has posted" stuff, they basically vanish into thin air, and rightly so:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Necrominus wrote: »
    :( It's me isn't it

I was definitely considering it the last time played WW :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

None and it will always be that way. Freedom of speech and all that. Too much silencing going on these days and I hope that I will always be adult enough to deal with an opinion I don't agree with rather than childishly putting them in a sealed box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

14 and rising.

Some are in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Chewbacca wrote: »
    14 and rising.

Some are in this thread.

How do you know if they are on ignore?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

On boards, none. On FB, all my family & friends

three posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Just that popcorn lad. I don’t think he’s all there tbf

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    This is a weird thread. It has no O.P. just replies! W.T.F. ?

Mean! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

None. Totally pointless. Why block anybody on a debate forum. If they are harassing you report them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

~ 250.

25% trolls.

25% pure keyboard warriors & they win their own brilliant intractable arguments everytime

25% are ALWAYS thinking about Number One in their threads / posts

25% will support another poster irrespective if this person is totally wrong or not and will ignore other arguments against.

How do you know if they are on ignore?
    See if you can PM them. If you receive a message "gugleguy is not accepting messages from you" Then YOU are on their IGNORE List.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    ~ 250.

25% trolls.

25% pure keyboard warriors & they win their own brilliant intractable arguments everytime

25% are ALWAYS thinking about Number One in their threads / posts

25% will support another poster irrespective if this person is totally wrong or not and will ignore other arguments against.
    So basically anyone who disagrees with you. You should put yourself on the 3rd 25%. And there is me on ignore

• Advertisement

See if you can PM them. If you receive a message "gugleguy is not accepting messages from you" Then YOU are on their IGNORE List.

Be better if they received a notification as soon as they were put on the ignore list.
    "gugleguy has added you to their ignore list. You are a loser".

martingriff I've made a concession for ya. I will not put you on Ignore. rest assurred.

None. Everyone's point of view is valid, even if I don't agree with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

martingriff I've made a concession for ya. I will not put you on Ignore. rest assurred.

I am honoured

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

18 :eek:

But most of them were site-banned over the years... >_>

• Advertisement

But most of them were site-banned over the years... >_>

Ah yes, a good smattering of my Ignore List have done time in the boards prison too. I "view post" to read their pleas and cries of self pity there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Everyone's point of view is valid

Let’s not get carried away here, and say things we can’t take back. People sometimes say things on Boards that are just so wrong, you have to wonder if it hurts when they type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

three posters.

A4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

46 on ignore, accumulated over the years. Just a handful are active posters on the threads I follow.

I don't ignore posters I disagree with, I tend to ignore posters who are deliberate trolls or those who refuse to engage, just sniping repetitively from the sidelines. And the occasional deluded lunatic who has proven themselves to be so out of touch with reality that there's no point responding.

That said, I usually browse boards on a PC, so I can still see when someone on my ignore list has posted something, and I will often view their post to see if there is anything in it worth taking them off ignore.

Oink wrote: »
    Let’s not get carried away here, and say things we can’t take back. People sometimes say things on Boards that are just so wrong, you have to wonder if it hurts when they type.

Then you point out the error of their ways. But don't ignore them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

That’s fine most of the time. But with some people, it can take you down a long and lonely road into a deep, dark, troll-infested forest, through a storm that would bring Teresa Mannion to the brink of despair and insanity.

I have nobody on Ignore. There are maybe 2 who I've been tempted to put there but I'm far too curious and it's all a bit "I don't like you so I'm going to lock you away". You can't do that in real life. It must be weird for the person being ignored attempting to engage with the person doing the ignoring because they obviously wouldn't know. Or are both hidden from the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Until a Mod tells you not to even your wit to them and to put them on Ignore.

I have two on ignore, I'd rather not but so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I don't have any, when I was younger I could get into heated arguments online and would use it on other forums, as I got older I have less time online and frankly don't really care if others disagree with me, I'm usually right anyway lol

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

I have two on ignore, I'd rather not but so be it.

Testing one, two, three, testing. Copy that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement