Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Don't you have imaginary people in your br

I did, but they got banned for being too damn sexy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Winifred WW took their new paper boat out for a trial run in the pouring rain. Running alongside the traffic in their yellow macintosh, Winifred WW forgot where they were going and ran headlong into a Derry Public Works sign:

EveryFineCaimanlizard-size_restricted.gif

Rising to their feet, a tad embarrassed about the whole situation, they noticed their boat running down a drain.
    Winifred WW chased after it, but was inches from reaching it before the storm drain swallowed it.

As they were about to reach in... a pair of yellow eyes appeared. Grabbing them swiftly, they ripped off their arm with a singular action.

Winifred WW tried to crawl away...

tumblr_p4b4x9dXVJ1tjydheo1_500.gif

But the being dragged them through the drain and consumed them whole.

Winifred WW has been killed.

Meanwhile, Holly WW was working the night shift at the Derry Waterworks, trying to deal with the water problem since the appearance of the dome over the town. The sudden deluge tonight inside the strange structure was causing all sorts of issues.

As they stepped outside for a smoke, the rain suddenly subsided and they were subjected to a wondrous sight of the water seemingly running down the sky.

As they turned, however - that wonder turned to terror as they saw who had been watching them:

14-These-Stephen-King-Connections-Will-Blow.jpg

The beast smiled and simply clicked his fingers. A swarm of ravens descended and attacked them viciously. As they looked up the last thing they remembered was the beast smiling and walking off, accompanied by other sinister figures.

laDUcjt.jpg?1

Holly WW has been killed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I did, but they got banned for being too damn sexy.

giphy.gif

Oh wow too kills... :(

SK and a munch I take it by the description.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

The kid crawling away, that’s the first kid killed in IT. Do we take it’s the actual character or just flavor?

Seems unlikely that the baddies first kill would kill the very first kid killed in IT.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

That escalated quickly, and I thought we were all getting along so well.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Winifred WW took their new paper boat out for a trial run in the pouring rain. Running alongside the traffic in their yellow macintosh, Winifred WW forgot where they were going and ran headlong into a Derry Public Works sign:

Rising to their feet, a tad embarrassed about the whole situation, they noticed their boat running down a drain.
    Winifred WW chased after it, but was inches from reaching it before the storm drain swallowed it.

As they were about to reach in... a pair of yellow eyes appeared. Grabbing them swiftly, they ripped off their arm with a singular action.

Meanwhile, Holly WW was working the night shift at the Derry Waterworks, trying to deal with the water problem since the appearance of the dome over the town. The sudden deluge tonight inside the strange structure was causing all sorts of issues.

As they stepped outside for a smoke, the rain suddenly subsided and they were subjected to a wondrous sight of the water seemingly running down the sky.

As they turned, however - that wonder turned to terror as they saw who had been watching them:

The beast smiled and simply clicked his fingers. A swarm of ravens descended and attacked them viciously. As they looked up the last thing they remembered was the beast smiling and walking off, accompanied by other sinister figures.

ReasonableImperturbableBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Necrominus wrote: »

Phil WW wrote: »
    The kid crawling away, that’s the first kid killed in IT. Do we take it’s the actual character or just flavor?

Seems unlikely that the baddies first kill would kill the very first kid killed in IT.

Flava

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Holy Fook, where is El Popa when you need him? all this going on in Derry while he swans about Dublin!

Didn't expect two kills this AM. Only just getting online.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Morning all

To answer Phil's question:
    This game takes place in the Stephen King multiverse and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. The mods will include Stephen King themes in posts, but all content should be read as flavour only and no specific information should be assumed beyond fate(s) of the player(s) in question.

Time to start reading back through their posts now, although given it's Day 1 they were probably random

Liam WW 29

Gertrude WW 20

Holly WW 19 Munched Day 1

Frank WW 19

Winifred WW 19 SK Kill? Day 1

Both people who were killed had 19 posts? Anything in that? Or just a bizarre coincidence?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ka is a friend to evil as well as good. It embraces both.

No work until Thursday. Soooo... Right now.....

200.gif

If you were a cat, that counts as 2 lives....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Liam WW 29

Gertrude WW 20

Frank WW 19

Both people who were killed had 19 posts? Anything in that? Or just a bizarre coincidence?

At worst both teams picked a target with 19 posts to send us off in a spiral trying to figure it out, and both happened to pick different posters, and got lucky that neither victim posted again after selection? But more likely a very convenient coincidence.

Anything else would have required orchestration with each other, the victims and potentially the mods, which would be an act of machiavellian deviousness and logistically ludicrously complicated to arrange... although Necro is involved so I guess it's not entirely off the table.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Liam WW 29

Gertrude WW 20

Frank WW 19

I would not have made that connection myself. Id be inclined to say no, but what do I know. I hear the number 19 has a role in King novels.

My opinion is Wini died as she was seen as a decent player. In the last hour she made some good points about the spheres which Id hazard a guess a wolf or SK wouldn’t point out. That said I’ve seen some people in my time that were good guys and turned out to be criminal masterminds.

Holly : Ive no clue.

Im on high alert people

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I warned ye 19 was important.....

Don't think we should waste any time thinking about the 19 posts thing tbh. It would be great for the wolves and sk to have focus on something like that, as it is never likely to be a factor in the kills.

Random kills most likely givens it is M1 but also, as above, anyone seen as trying to openly figure things out is also an easy target for the off.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    At worst both teams picked a target with 19 posts to send us off in a spiral trying to figure it out, and both happened to pick different posters, and got lucky that neither victim posted again after selection? But more likely a very convenient coincidence.

Anything else would have required orchestration with each other, the victims and potentially the mods, which would be an act of machiavellian deviousness and logistically ludicrously complicated to arrange... although Necro is involved so I guess it's not entirely off the table.
    If that’s the case then the evil teams have to be communicating, also given the high number of rolled good players I’d say there is likely such a facility. Pretty sneaky for them to come up with it tho.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    If that’s the case then the evil teams have to be communicating, also given the high number of rolled good players I’d say there is likely such a facility. Pretty sneaky for them to come up with it tho.

No, my point is that is NOT what's happening. Requires too much buy-in from all parties. It's a distraction. Stop trying to make us think about it, Nigel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Is it coincidence that both players had 19 posts? Most likely in my mind however that may have been some trigger point for the wolves, ie the could only kill someone with 19 posts or more/less. I would be thinking 19 posts or more based on the fact it would then be a small pool of players to choose from and the 19 post or above only has 4 players in it.

Im just shooting theories here for discussion but I cant help think 19 wont play some part in this game.

Winifred does seem like they will be a big loss to us in the village, Holly had a high post count but wasn't posting much at the same time. But could have been easily a decent roled player warming up for the week.

I hate Day 1 it always seems like an impossible task for the village to win. Losing two and very little to go on for the lynch later.

Orla WW wrote: »
    I would not have made that connection myself. Id be inclined to say no, but what do I know. I hear the number 19 has a role in King novels.

My opinion is Wini died as she was seen as a decent player. In the last hour she made some good points about the spheres which Id hazard a guess a wolf or SK wouldn’t point out. That said I’ve seen some people in my time that were good guys and turned out to be criminal masterminds.

Holly : Ive no clue.

Im on high alert people

giphy.gif

People being very helpful often turn out to be creating cover for themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Post count of living players

Liam WW| 33
    Gertrude WW| 21
    Desmond WW |20
    Frank WW| 19
    Brendan WW |19
    Oisin WW| 18
    Tegan WW |14
    Phil WW |10
    Mary WW |9
    Steve WW| 8
    Katie WW| 8
    Vernon WW| 8
    Fiona WW| 7
    Angus WW |7
    Clodagh WW| 5
    Eva WW| 5
    Gabriel WW| 5
    Orla WW |5
    Isla WW |4
    Wendy WW |3
    Conor WW |3
    Barbara WW| 3
    Derry WW| 3
    Nigel WW| 3
    Ewan WW |1
    Abigail WW |1
    Doris WW|0
    Riona WW|0

More of a question for the mods but if a number of people fail to reach 5 posts before the lynch does Mad Jack kill them all or is it just a warning first time round?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ok, so talking about sphere's gets you killed and not talking much at all... gets you killed. Day one stress. Gonna look back over Holly's posts and see if she was trying to tell us something.

I saw nothing but fluff in the Holly posts.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Just based on a quick read through Winny kinda put herself up there to be killed. She came across as a good villager possibly trying to draw the kill which hopefully means she was a NRV. Holly on the other hand, seems to be fluff. Hopefully a wolf took out and sk or vice versa with Holly.

Advertisement