Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I agree that the whole 19 posts thing is either a coincidence or a clever ploy by the Wolves and/or SK. It's unlikely that they're communicating, but you never know

Plus, even if it were true, what advantage would there be for the village in figuring it out? Have everyone with low post counts post the bare minimum to avoid crossing the threshold until as late as possible? That's not going to happen

Best forgotten about IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Is it coincidence that both players had 19 posts? Most likely in my mind however that may have been some trigger point for the wolves, ie the could only kill someone with 19 posts or more/less. I would be thinking 19 posts or more based on the fact it would then be a small pool of players to choose from and the 19 post or above only has 4 players in it.

Im just shooting theories here for discussion but I cant help think 19 wont play some part in this game.

It’s a massive coincidence otherwise, Tegan dosen’t want us discussing it ......

Just based on a quick read through Winny kinda put herself up there to be killed. She came across as a good villager possibly trying to draw the kill which hopefully means she was a NRV. Holly on the other hand, seems to be fluff. Hopefully a wolf took out and sk or vice versa with Holly.

I know players are ment to do that as NRV but this early on? I agree that Holly was hiding something.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I know players are ment to do that as NRV but this early on? I agree that Holly was hiding something.

Just one thing Nigel, what do you think she was hiding and what did she do to make you think she was hiding something?

Also what did Vernon say exactly to make you think Holly was hiding something? Vern didnt say that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Is it coincidence that both players had 19 posts? Most likely in my mind however that may have been some trigger point for the wolves, ie the could only kill someone with 19 posts or more/less. I would be thinking 19 posts or more based on the fact it would then be a small pool of players to choose from and the 19 post or above only has 4 players in it.

Im just shooting theories here for discussion but I cant help think 19 wont play some part in this game.

Don't think the mods would limit their target, doesn't seems fair tbh

Wini's 19th post was 9:39, if she was picked because of 19 post they must have targeted her fairly late on.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I saw nothing but fluff in the Holly posts.

Same, if it had just been Holly I would have almost guessed that the mods were doing the posting. Half of their posts were gifs I think.

The Winifred death makes me think that this wasn't the case however. Winifred's main contributions seemed to be around the spheres, but going on the idea that there wouldn't have been a sphere won on Sunday then they wouldn't have had any inside info that the rest don't have. So it looks like they were trying to be helpful and work it out on the thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Wini was killed for trying to work out the Detective role. The detective threatens the SK more than anyone, it's the only person in the game who will never test positive for a Team.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Pope could use a Dome today.

Wait.....no rain, no water?? We will die of thirst!! (if not horribly murdered first)
    Task?
    200.gif
    source.gif
    I need to get to desktop mode and change my Avatar
    giphy.gif
    IIvDHMW.gif
    13859e774f61e301e93ad4b757a258173e4639c5_00.gif
    4Gpj.gif
    Does he have beer?
    Im Brian, and so is my wife.
    Yep.

Chrome
    Firefox
    Brave
    Opera

Plenty to choose from.

Wait.....has our internet been cut off with the dome?

A lot of information has been revealed so far.

There's about 50 million wolves around.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5356486
    Fine. But you're paying, and you better dress up nice.
    Depends how generous you are with the wallet
    Ohhhhhhhhh
    I have coffee, i am now coffee.

I am one with the coffee.

All off Hollys posts. Ive highlighted one which may have spooked the wolves. Could she have spotted something yesterday that freaked the wolves out a little. I see feck all really, some exchanges with various people but usually in the form of Gif.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I agree that the whole 19 posts thing is either a coincidence or a clever ploy by the Wolves and/or SK. It's unlikely that they're communicating, but you never know

Plus, even if it were true, what advantage would there be for the village in figuring it out? Have everyone with low post counts post the bare minimum to avoid crossing the threshold until as late as possible? That's not going to happen

Best forgotten about IMO

The 19 posts thing probably won't help us so may as well forget it, but why would communication be unlikely? I know you sort of backtrack there with the "you never know", but why would communication be unlikely? If we keep getting no cross kills (assuming the two evil teams have their kills at the same time) then it will look increasingly likely that they are communicating.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Just one thing Nigel, what do you think she was hiding and what did she do to make you think she was hiding something?

Also what did Vernon say exactly to make you think Holly was hiding something? Vern didnt say that.

Read the 19 posts, not one of them contained anything useful which makes me feel that she was not trying to help like an NRV or to appear extra helpful like a helpful wolf. So unfortunately I think she was a roled villager.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    The 19 posts thing probably won't help us so may as well forget it, but why would communication be unlikely? I know you sort of backtrack there with the "you never know", but why would communication be unlikely? If we keep getting no cross kills (assuming the two evil teams have their kills at the same time) then it will look increasingly likely that they are communicating.

They might be.

But statistically, the chances of a cross kill on day 0 are minor, right? Each team picks 1 person out of two dozen, especially on a day when things are very fluffy?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Wini was killed for trying to work out the Detective role. The detective threatens the SK more than anyone, it's the only person in the game who will never test positive for a Team.

Do they? I reckon the detective is more likely to find a wolf.

I think the SK finder is probably more of a threat to the SK than the detective, as they seem to be designed to find SKs, rather than the detective who may or may not find people on different teams..

So if the SK was looking and found both I believe they'd take the SK finder out.

They might be.

But statistically, the chances of a cross kill on day 0 are minor, right? Each team picks 1 person out of two dozen, especially on a day when things are very fluffy?

But no cross kill on day 0 doesn't mean communication is unlikely. My point is why say it is unlikely now? There isn't much to back that statement up.

Perhaps I should've separated out that second point, saying that it becomes more likely there is communication if the no cross kills continues.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

So the dead had 19 posts each. Maybe the teams didn't get to pick a target as it was the morning of Day 1 and two were killed purely down to the amount of posts.

I can't imagine they decided to look to see who had 19 posts randomly. Unless they share a comms and planned it to mess with our heads? I just think that the mods picked the folks.

And I see 2 folks on 19 now, get off that number!!!

Are there not two players on Team SK? Plus the detective would have to be 100% sure the other person is a villager to know that the other person would be team baddie. They could look at a Wolf and SK and get the same information

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So the dead had 19 posts each. Maybe the teams didn't get to pick a target as it was the morning of Day 1 and two were killed purely down to the amount of posts.

I can't imagine they decided to look to see who had 19 posts randomly. Unless they share a comms and planned it to mess with our heads? I just think that the mods picked the folks.

And I see 2 folks on 19 now, get off that number!!!

Yeah I imagine there's nothing to the 19 posts thing, just a strange occurrence seeing how much of Day 0 was spent talking about the number 19.

Isla WW wrote: »

I just meant it's happened before, but not very often

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Are there not two players on Team SK? Plus the detective would have to be 100% sure the other person is a villager to know that the other person would be team baddie. They could look at a Wolf and SK and get the same information

****! So there are. This is what happens when the OP is a novel! Ok never mind, I'll crawl back under my rock :(

I'll crawl back under my rock :(

Castlerock? :eek:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Don't think the mods would limit their target, doesn't seems fair tbh

Wini's 19th post was 9:39, if she was picked because of 19 post they must have targeted her fairly late on.

I would assume based on thread that Winny was a late target anyway. Obviously 9:39 in a slow moving thread makes little sense but reading back over this mornings proceedings do highlight a few things. She comes across as very helpful villager so worst case scenario for wolves is shes just a good NRV. Best case shes naive Roled Villager. Winny was active this morning which pushes me towards her being late selection.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    More of a question for the mods but if a number of people fail to reach 5 posts before the lynch does Mad Jack kill them all or is it just a warning first time round?

Maybe you should ask in PM like the rules say.

Steve WW wrote: »

Sorry!! :eek:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Steve WW wrote: »

The bitch is back.

No way the kills this morning were mod kills.
    Coincidence re the 19 thing if you ask me.

What do we have, three no shows?

Two, Doris and Riona

Liam WW wrote: »

2;

Doris WW0Riona WW0

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

****! So there are. This is what happens when the OP is a novel! Ok never mind, I'll crawl back under my rock :(

I've got to be honest, you've got my alarm bells ringing more than anyone else here this morning. On my list of suspects this morning, you've registered on it a few times.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Liam WW wrote: »

100% agree on the first point, they wouldn't mod kill players like that.

Probably coincidence or there is a joint BR. If there is a joint BR does it really change much for the village?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I've got to be honest, you've got my alarm bells ringing more than anyone else here this morning. On my list of suspects this morning, you've registered on it a few times.

Ms Gertrude, What has Tegen done to register on your list exactly?

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    100% agree on the first point, they wouldn't mod kill players like that.

Probably coincidence or there is a joint BR. If there is a joint BR does it really change much for the village?

Even if there is a joint BR how they'd have to be coordinating right up to 9.59 on the kills and you just can't plan for there being two posters with 19 posts at munch time.

Again, as I say, I think it's such a nothing thing. I just really think we need to move swiftly on from it because spending the day focusing on it will just play into their hands. Even if it was some majestically planned and executed strategy by the bad teams, we as a village gain nothing from being focused on it

Advertisement