Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Do the wolves have a seer though ?

do you think its this role:

Leland Gaunt (Needful Things): Twisted and deranged owner of Needful Things. Gaunt can use his bag of tricks once every second night to peek into the very soul of the player of his choice....

I previously posted my seer check of Vernon, which was exactly this:

Vernon is Leland Gaunt, the Wolf Seer

So the village has a seer and the wolves have a seer.

Don't mind Angus and me doin a peek of a villager is Vernon is lynched, cause then the wolves won't have a seer. There are a couple of problems though:

1. Cujo is still out there, no reason why Cujo couldn't block my seer power or that Angus couldn't claim that Cujo has blocked him.
    2. Who is the confirmed villager? Afaik there's another wolf out there, apart from Katie (dead), Angus, Gertrude and Vernon. We could be unlucky and seer check a wolf.

Also yay Gertrude being sphered. That poster genuinely played the best game of anyone here as far as I'm concerned, and was unlucky that I peeked her, since I was thinking I'd get a confirmed villager :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Did Angus ever make a Seer check last night? He said he would but in my read-through I seem to remember he left soon after the lynch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Did Angus ever make a Seer check last night? He said he would but in my read-through I seem to remember he left soon after the lynch

He peeked ewan, ergo they had no peek, lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ewan WW wrote: »

Don't mind Angus and me doin a peek of a villager is Vernon is lynched, cause then the wolves won't have a seer. There are a couple of problems though:

1. Cujo is still out there, no reason why Cujo couldn't block my seer power or that Angus couldn't claim that Cujo has blocked him.
    2. Who is the confirmed villager? Afaik there's another wolf out there, apart from Katie (dead), Angus, Gertrude and Vernon. We could be unlucky and seer check a wolf.

There’s flaws in this though. Angus claims you’re gaunt. If we kill Vernon and you were lying they still have a seer

Also how sure are we about how the two night timings work. I’d assumed n2, n4, .... is n1, n3 possible (I’m assuming not but just putting it out there)

• Advertisement

We should still kill Vernon though

He waited until after I had peeked Vernon, then he peeked me, saying that I am the wolf seer.

He peeked me because he 'had a feeling' I was up to something, despite the fact that we had both been claiming seer all day. Hang on til I dig out the quote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

But the wolves only have a seer who can peek every 2 nights which means at this stage they have only had 2 peeks. .

If my maths is correct then they would of chosen peak 1 on night 2 (Tuesday) and last night (night 4). But of course it could of been night 1-3-5 . . If somebody can clarify a reasonable idea on this it would help . .

So if its the case that wolf seer can only peak every 2 nights whats the odds they picked me last night ? 1/14 or something ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I'm not discounting the possibility, but nothing even happens on Day 0. I'm working on the assumption that it was Days 2 and 4

Fiona WW wrote: »
    There’s flaws in this though. Angus claims you’re gaunt. If we kill Vernon and you were lying they still have a seer

Also how sure are we about how the two night timings work. I’d assumed n2, n4, .... is n1, n3 possible (I’m assuming not but just putting it out there)

I would assume they don't get a peek on Sunday (night 0), so probably Monday, Wednesday and Friday (tonight).

Yeah, there are flaws. I'm claiming village seer and that Vernon is wolf seer. Angus is claiming that he is village seer and I'm wolf seer. If Vernon is lynched and Angus and I peek though (and Cujo doesn't block anyone), then I'm arguing that I could successfully peek and he couldn't.

That said, why wouldn't the wolves either use Cujo's powers, or pretend that Cujo is stopping them from peeking? And what if the person chosen to be peeked is a wolf?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Haha let them take Angus then, means you two are in the clear till at l3ast Monday and then it's a numbers game and you've at least got some credit after the last two days, 60/40 gsme then.

I'm not discounting the possibility, but nothing even happens on Day 0. I'm working on the assumption that it was Days 2 and 4

As in Tuesday and Thursday? I think Mon-Wed-Fri is more likely, but tbh I'm not sure.

Don't wanna bang on about it, but Angus claimed to have peeked me last night (which no one asked him to do, since why would either of us peeking the other convince anybody?). This was because he had a bad feeling about me. So if he is actually the good seer, me claiming to be the seer did nothing more than 'give him a bad feeling'.

For me, this says that the wolf seer didn't have a peek last night, so he couldn't peek a villager and get them to confirm, which would've been crazy useful, since I peeked a wolf. Even, if you believe him and not me, why the hell would he peek ME, the one person guaranteed to challenge what he said?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ah for ****s sake

Its all very quiet in here!

Tumbleweed gif

Angus WW wrote: »
    Ah for ****s sake

Whats happening Angus?

As in Tuesday and Thursday? I think Mon-Wed-Fri is more likely, but tbh I'm not sure.

I love the way this has changed to a village concensus of 2 and 4. I was the first one to point out it could have been 1 and 5, no one gives a ****

Not one person gave a **** about me challenging Wendy last night and this morning and Wendy didnt even bother to respond.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Don't wanna bang on about it, but Angus claimed to have peeked me last night (which no one asked him to do, since why would either of us peeking the other convince anybody?). This was because he had a bad feeling about me. So if he is actually the good seer, me claiming to be the seer did nothing more than 'give him a bad feeling'.

For me, this says that the wolf seer didn't have a peek last night, so he couldn't peek a villager and get them to confirm, which would've been crazy useful, since I peeked a wolf. Even, if you believe him and not me, why the hell would he peek ME, the one person guaranteed to challenge what he said?

I can't think of what an actual seer would hope to gain from peeking a person claiming to be a seer. They are almost certainly evil.

I suppose they could be pinpointing which evil team member the fake claimer was. But that's a stretch.

When you all wake up on Tuesday and realise you have been had just remember Thursday night/ Friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hmm . .

If we were confident that the wolves don't have a pick tonight we could reasonably assume they didn't peak me (or at least statistically it would be highly unlikely).

If we were to work off that and both Seers agree that they receive information tonight just after the lynch, then we have them both peek one person (most vilagey). So both have requested the name and neither releases details until an agreed set time (say 9.10). Both submit their answers at same time and the person peeked does not confirm until both have submitted.

To make this work we need them both to submit their answers practically at the same time, so both need to be present. Then the terms are that they have to post their answer within 5 seconds of somebody posting "GO". This leaves little to no room for editing. The reasl seer will know the correct role so it has to work flawlessly. If there is a delay we have to lynch the second seer because we are working off the person who posts first couldn't possibly know the role . .

The exercise is not to find a wolf its to confirm a seer. If we find a wolf or the person found is a wolf then the wolf can f**k things up . . Its a risk but I am not sure what else we can do to clear this up . .

I made the BBC, you are all hairy handed feckers!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Lynch results:

Nigel WW (9) - Vernon WW, Angus WW, Gabriel WW, Gertrude WW, Wendy WW, Doris WW, Barbara WW, Liam WW, Frank WW
    Angus WW (6) - Eva WW, Nigel WW, Ewan WW, Mary WW, Oisin WW, Brendan WW

Vernon, Angus and Gertie with votes on Nigel here, protecting Angus

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Lynch results:

Nigel WW (9) - Vernon WW, Angus WW, Gabriel WW, Gertrude WW, Wendy WW, Doris WW, Barbara WW, Liam WW, Frank WW

Vernon, Angus and Gertie with votes on Nigel here, protecting Angus I wonder, Ewans vote on Angus doesn't clear much.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Lynch results:

Vernon, Angus and Gertie with votes on Nigel here, protecting Angus

Killing ****ing IT you mean! You want me to vote that night on someone who claimed seer. Rewriting history - Fake News

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Haha let them take Angus then, means you two are in the clear till at l3ast Monday and then it's a numbers game and you've at least got some credit after the last two days, 60/40 gsme then.

But I want to kill you vernon

Mary WW wrote: »
    Lynch results:

Vernon, Angus and Gertie with votes on Nigel here, protecting Angus I wonder, Ewans vote on Angus doesn't clear much.

Mary WW, so good she posted it twice! FAKE NEWS

Cool, suits me! Your all clowns anyway! I thought you would have got me tbh, you seemed switched on but obviously not!

I wasnt subtle enough and then I was too subtle. Its the intricacies that catch people out

Village FTW by bollocks! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Not one person gave a **** about me challenging Wendy last night and this morning and Wendy didnt even bother to respond.

Wendy peaced out after the lynch for 24 hours. If she were telling the truth then she won't be back till Saturday night.

But you already knew that

Advertisement