Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I've got to be honest, you've got my alarm bells ringing more than anyone else here this morning. On my list of suspects this morning, you've registered on it a few times.

That's fair enough, my attempts at contributing this morning turned out to be a little bit off due to missing a detail in the OP, and you need to vote for someone so it's bound to cause me some problems.

Wish I could say the same back but you've offered opinions and discussion without raising too many hackles so I can't. Well, except for encouraging people with spheres to come forward. Oh, and trying to get the Detective to drop hints to the Seer so you can track him down. And encouraging the 19 thing. But really, that's just me being petty.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

The OP is beautifully wrote and so well put together, and it had 8 eyes looking it over, to make sure it was correct.
    So, with that knowledge, I believe that this double mistake is deliberate.

Bill Denborough & Beverley Marsh

It's Bill Denbrough & Beverly Marsh

I've spell checked all the other names in the OP and these are the only two I can find with spelling mistakes.

Can i haz sphere plz?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just reading back on holly and Winnie’s posts. Not really clear why they were targeted. I have a suspicion on holly but tbh if it’s right it’s not great for us

Steve WW wrote: »
    Bill Denborough & Beverley Marsh

It's Bill Denbrough & Beverly Marsh

Don't know about Bill but "Beverley Marsh" is the name of a town / train stop in MA so it would probably pass spell check and be easily missed.

And Blaine the Pain was a monorail Train!

Oh dear lord, all roads lead to the Tower!

I really hope there isn't some mechanic where all the Losers have to ride Bev on-thread to defeat the SK, that's going to get messy...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

It is a coincidence but considering how little we have to go on I don't think the 19 post thing can be ignored given the importance of the number in kings writting as outlined earlier on thread.

Don't think either said anything amazing personally but very few people were sticking their neck out and it was day 0. Hopefully now that day 1 has started we can get some real info to work off

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

The only conclusion Ive got to from this morning is, Wini and Holly were not Pennywise, Randall, and unlikely John Coffey

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    No way the kills this morning were mod kills.
    Coincidence re the 19 thing if you ask me.

What do we have, three no shows?

I’d say they are probably just waiting till they have to post. Necro will be kicking himself over that thread killing post he made yesterday.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    It is a coincidence but considering how little we have to go on I don't think the 19 post thing can be ignored given the importance of the number in kings writting as outlined earlier on thread.

Don't think either said anything amazing personally but very few people were sticking their neck out and it was day 0. Hopefully now that day 1 has started we can get some real info to work off

I think what is meant, even if 19 is significant and played a hand in the killings, it doesnt help us find the bad guys either way and we should move on.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    The only conclusion Ive got to from this morning is, Wini and Holly were not Pennywise, Randall, and unlikely John Coffey

How do you conclude that?

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Just reading back on holly and Winnie’s posts. Not really clear why they were targeted. I have a suspicion on holly but tbh if it’s right it’s not great for us

If they are dead now is there any reason not to say it aloud? If so eh don't ha

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

How do you conclude that?

Pennywise and Randall have 2 lives each and Coffey it says.
    However, John is a big man and it will take a massive amount of effort by the wolves to make him walk the Green Mile….
    not quite sure on this one, does it mean wolves can't kill him on first hit, but it doesn't mention if the SK can kill in 1 hit

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Pennywise and Randall have 2 lives each and Coffey it says.

not quite sure on this one, does it mean wolves can't kill him on first hit, but it doesn't mention if the SK can kill in 1 hit

That’s interesting. OK, to explain my earlier post I’d taken Holly’s coffee reference this morning as maybe a hint to us on a role. I’d assumed that’s why she was targeted, hence my earlier comment

(Probably better to have it out there for discussion, not sure it can hurt us)

Orla WW wrote: »
    I think what is meant, even if 19 is significant and played a hand in the killings, it doesnt help us find the bad guys either way and we should move on.

I too am not sure how the number could help us but I'd be wary about telling everyone to move on from a topic without suggesting what should be looked at instead. Think I recall being accused before of trying to divert attention away from something important by doing similar. If I knew more about Kings books I could tell more perhaps anbout it's significance in terms of what we could gleem from it if anything but now im just worried we will have loads of people posting on the 19th minute of the hour etc for the rest of the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Ms Gertrude, What has Tegen done to register on your list exactly?

Basically, I'm keeping bullet points on people as there posting; the more often they pop up, the more worried I get. Most people barely scrap on the list. A lot aren't registering at all. But Tegan got three in quick succession.

First off, it strikes me Wini was a bit more of a reactive kill; Wini didn't appear on my radar at all yesterday, and then when I was catching up this morning, she started getting very active and very leader-y. Which makes me think that it's more likely that her munch this morning was a panicing IT team, wanting to go after someone who was very game-orientated. Hit a potential leader.

Looking at who was online during that period, Tegan registered, among other names. I have Tegan down as the only person who seemed to react quite negatively to Wini's post. Some reacted positively, some were posting but ignoring her, but Tegan was the only one I noted down as being quite negative in her response. But that's relatively minor and pushing it.

After Wini was killed, Tegan says it was probably cause she was trying to work out the detective role. I'd have personally said it was more cause she was trying to discuss the spheres. So Tegan registers a mark cause I disagree with her read there too.

And then the "Oh look, I mis-read how many people are on Team IT, lol" as well. Again, on its own, probably pushing it. But it nearly came across too much like she was trying to push how little she knew about that team. The number of baddies would be a pretty important thing to know when you're trying to talk shop, right?

So its kind of having multiple minor hits in quick succession that has me worried.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I too am not sure how the number could help us but I'd be wary about telling everyone to move on from a topic without suggesting what should be looked at instead. Think I recall being accused before of trying to divert attention away from something important by doing similar. If I knew more about Kings books I could tell more perhaps anbout it's significance in terms of what we could gleem from it if anything but now im just worried we will have loads of people posting on the 19th minute of the hour etc for the rest of the game

Im not saying forget about it, but theres not much else that can be said on the matter without further information. So right now, its my opinion that we should move on from 19 talk unless someone has anything new to add or if any new information comes to light.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

On a different note, to get the ball rolling (somewhat). Are we going to do an FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Hello hi.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Hello hi.

Ah welcome Doris... where have you been?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

That’s interesting. OK, to explain my earlier post I’d taken Holly’s coffee reference this morning as maybe a hint to us on a role. I’d assumed that’s why she was targeted, hence my earlier comment

(Probably better to have it out there for discussion, not sure it can hurt us)

****. I missed that completely. That's pretty brazen hint dropping if true.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Ah welcome Doris... where have you been?

I was down by the forest, across from the stream

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    On a different note, to get the ball rolling (somewhat). Are we going to do an FFA?

Yeah I think that’s a good idea. It was a quiet first day though so might need to give a late enough deadline for people to get their thoughts together.

Isla WW wrote: »

Was waiting to see who would suggest a new different form of ffa first this game ha. I always do them anyway

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Was waiting to see who would suggest a new different form of ffa first this game ha. I always do them anyway

Didn't suggest a different form this time around, but I'm open to new things.

And yes, I would suggest a later deadline.

Angus WW wrote: »
    ****. I missed that completely. That's pretty brazen hint dropping if true.

I could be way off the mark but it caught my attention when I read back through the posts. Don’t know if anyone has a different take, Oisins point wouldn’t really fit with my theory so....

So how are the kids playing this game these days, Lynch high, peek low?

Actually, would it make sense for the detective to hedge their bets and peek one of each or just go with their guts?

Tegan WW wrote: »

Actually, would it make sense for the detective to hedge their bets and peek one of each or just go with their guts?

They should follow some leads,
    and look for the muts,
    put the pressure on hard,
    until they hold werewolf nuts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I could be way off the mark but it caught my attention when I read back through the posts. Don’t know if anyone has a different take, Oisins point wouldn’t really fit with my theory so....

It could read as a request for protection I suppose but as the kill went through it wasn't answered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Tegan WW wrote: »

I'd advocate the opposite tbh, lynch low posters who offer nothing and dissect what the higher posters are saying.

Tbh though a seer is going to follow instinct and we need to follow instinct and what's in front of us. Day 1 is always a poxy lynch so maybe just FFA it today and then vote from FFAs? Unless anyones got a more fun suggestion?

The coffee thing is to brazen unless it's Holly trying attract a kill. There were a few subtle hints from different people but that's not exactly subtle and yet I somehow completely missed it

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    They should follow some leads,
    and look for the muts,
    put the pressure on hard,
    until they hold werewolf nuts

Whats the thoughts Doris on the 300 odd posts so far?

Advertisement